Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 05:41 AM   #1
Starstryder
Starstryder began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Two Kindles same account...

For an anniversary present for my DH I bought him a Kindle 3, it will be registered to my account (his choice) and we are both wondering if that means that we can share my library? I assume that we wouldn't be able to read the same book simultaneously unless de-drmed. But it would be nice to be able to share books.

If already answered somewhere else I do apologise
Starstryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:47 AM   #2
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Yes you can share the library and you can read the same book, however, you probably want to turn off the synchronise between devices if you are planning on doing that. Just mark your place with a bookmark instead.

The only problem with this would be if DH was reading the same book as you on both his Kindle and Kindle4PC/Mac/IPod etc as then the sync would be switched off.

You can leave the sync switched on if you don't plan to read the same book at the same time but just want to use books on the same account.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 06:33 AM   #3
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I have more than five kindles on my account. We don't sync. You do need to download the book for each device and not just copy them across though.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:51 AM   #4
Starstryder

Ahh I see, thank you very much I don't actually sync anyway, just bookmark.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:55 AM   #5
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
As the others have pointed out, having multiple Kindles on one account is the legitimate way to share books and you can even read the same book at the same time if you disable synchronisation.

The drawback is that you share the same payment method. Everything goes through the same card which may or may not be an issue for you.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 09:03 AM   #6
Starstryder

Yeah, not an issue We have a joint credit card to make things easier and so far so good
Old 09-13-2010, 09:49 AM   #7
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Sharing books is one of the reasons e-readers are great. I share an account with my Mom so she doesn'thave to buy books. We read some of the same stuff. As long as we don't sync up, we are good to go.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:18 AM   #8
Starstryder

This is great, hubby and I have a lot of authors we both enjoy and this way we won't have to spend on buying the same book twice.