Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 01:04 AM   #1
flttrainer
flttrainer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
How do I get my DRM mobi books onto my Kindle DX?

I cannot figure out how to get my drm mobi books onto my kindle. I did a search here but it all seems confusing. Is there a simple program to help me? I want to read the books on my kindle dx instead of using the blackberry app for mobipocket. Thanks.

Rob
flttrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:23 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Kindle doesn't support DRM'd Mobi so you'd have to remove the DRM. The possible exception would be if they're DRM'd from Overdrive and you can re-download them (as opposed to directly from Mobipocket) then you could get the Kindle's PID and use KindleFix on them (Google igorsk kindle).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 01:42 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The best single site for a summary of DRM removal options is Apprentice Alf's Blog. Its "tools_" package is also often the easiest to use.

If you can read the MOBI ebooks with Windows MobiPocket Reader, then the 10 digit PID you need to unlock the MOBI files is the one for the PC. If your current MOBI files are only on the BB, it might still be easiest to redownload them authorized for a Windows PC. However, if you have the original BB MOBI files on your PC, you can apply mobidedrm DRM-removal to them if you know your BlackBerry's MobiPocket PID.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
flttrainer
flttrainer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Ok. Thanks. The originals are on my computer mobipocket reader. Its frustrating because I am reading a lengthy historical series on WWII but want to use my new kindle.
flttrainer is offline   Reply With Quote