Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
London Mode
London Mode began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook One
Check off readed books

Hello,

A suggestion, it might be helpfull when you finished reading a book, that you can check off the book in Calibre.

I know it might be helpfull for me

If this suggetion is put in a wrong forum plz excuus me

Last edited by London Mode; 12-28-2009 at 01:17 PM.
London Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, London Mode.

You could use the "rating" column.

After you've read a book, "rate" it. That way you know at a glance what you've read, and how good it was.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
That may not work correctly as updating meta-date using the "Fetch meta-data from server" button may update the rating. If you never update the meta-data automatically then that shouldn't be a problem, but otherwise it could cause confusion and missed books.

For me, I've found the best way to handle this is to have a tag called "Read" that I add to those books I've read. That way, I can filter on both Read and not Read books as Calibre allows searches that exclude tags.

Hope this helps.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:14 AM   #4
London Mode

Okey, how do i make this tag "read" its exactly what i mean.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:02 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Just add a tag with name READ to any book via the edit Metadata dialog.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 10:11 AM   #6
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
That's right. Highlight the book or books you want to edit then click on the "Edit Meta Information" button in the toolbar. You can then add whatever tags you want. For myself, I add the tag READ to all the books I've already read. At any time, I can search on the tags to display books I've read on not display books I've read (meaning it displays unread books). You can also dig down and search on various fields to find more specific info such as unread fiction by author etc. It's really very flexible and you can use any tags you want. For example, if you have books in multiple languages, you can create tags for each language. If you use Calibre to manage more than one reader or readers for yourself and your spouse, you can have tags for each and even "read" tages for each, like read-me, read-spouse, etc.

Extremely flexible. Although, I do recommend starting simple as it can get really easy to have so many tags that they become difficult to manage.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #7
London Mode

Thanx for the answer, its not possible to add in the blue beam near titel, writer,etc a new "meta information?!
Old 12-29-2009, 07:57 PM   #8
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Take a look at this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65463
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:11 AM   #9
London Mode

Okey thanx (it wasnt a new idea :-)