Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-23-2009, 08:12 PM   #1
stealthbob
stealthbob began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Authorize used prs 505?

Ebay purchase...

Purchased a book from the eBook store...won't load.

Figured I need to authorize and I get errors when I do (2027)

Using win 7.......

This must be a common issue but not finding it so I think its a small issue that exists between the keyboard and chair.

Please save me as I'm listening the on hold music and the always fresh "We are experiencing higher than expected call volumes"

Why don't they tell us the truth....

"We have three people answering calls and two are on break so you must wait until we feel like getting to your call"

or

"We hate to spend money on support so we will make you wait so long that you will give up and go away thus not having us actually serve you"
stealthbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:04 PM   #2
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
You may need to de-authorize the previous owner. Check out this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43858 Post #5 says "I had to press the reset button for 10 seconds, then volume + & bookmark button for one minute and that resets the drm in the unit." Then of course you need to authorize it with your account.
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
stealthbob
stealthbob began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Thanks for that reply...I did follow that but it did not work.

Ugggh, I hate to admit this but it was a firmware issue.

Once updated all was file.

I can only hope that this thread stays in the search key strings for the next idiot like myself that needs this help.

I bricked a nice GPS unit once updating firmware and I just hate to load firmware unless absolutely necessary.

All good and I am wrapping it up right now as it was a gift for my wife I just had to load a book she wanted first....she is about 20 mins away from home and on her way.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by stealthbob; 12-23-2009 at 09:15 PM.
stealthbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #4
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Your welcome! Glad you got it working. Welcome to Mobileread by the way. Make sure to have your wife check out the site. There is a lot info she may find useful. Like where to find more books!
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Why would his wife post questions here when she has this nice gift-buying husband to be her tech support?

All kidding aside, this is one misgiving I have about getting a reader as a gift for my parents. My stepfather, of his own volition after years of mocking my gadgets, decided he wanted one since he has arthritis and finds it hard to hold/manage a book these days. But I am just picturing the endless phone calls asking where his book is and how he can get it on his reader. One reason I am pushing him to look at the Kindle is that you don't even need a computer to use it
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 03:04 PM   #6
taildragger-j3
Writer AND Reader
taildragger-j3 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I had to walk down this same road with a 505 I got off of Ebay. I'm going to sell my updated 500 after Christmas, so I went ahead and de-authorized it from my account so whoever gets it won't have this hassle.
taildragger-j3 is offline   Reply With Quote