Notices

Old 11-13-2009, 04:17 AM   #1
sony_fox
Zealot
sony_fox has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Auroa H2O
Crashing

Anyone else noticed this bug:

When the 505 changes to a new battery level, the device seems to crash. It's particularly sensitive to going through menu items around that time.

Seems really weird, as the battery indicator should just be an approximate graphic, but I've noticed it several times, 4 battery OK. Crash and reboot, 3 battery. ditto to 2.

Is it just my unit? Or me falsely correlating? How often does your unit crash?

I very seldom turn the unit fully off, it's just in screenoff. Does this make a difference? Is there a memory buffer of number of bookmarks or something?

(By crash I mean turn itself off, and go through the Reader Starting Up procedure, deleting bookmarks etc)
sony_fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:33 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I've had the 505 since December 08 and the only time it has crashed was when reading a very large pdf (that wasn't formatted for my Reader screen size).

I've let the battery get down to 1 bar (usually because I just can't stop reading long enough to plug it in- then I forget to plug it in to charge and later start reading again).

After reading some of the problem threads, I decided to "play it safe", as I am not very tech savvy. So, I charge my Reader using the wall charger, load books through the Sony eLibrary, keep less than 150 books on it, and the only pdf's I read are formatted for my reader. I also have never turned my Reader off, just set it to sleep with the top button.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
The only time I have that kind of a crash is if I'm opening a file that I've converted to LRF (usually a LIT I've bought, unDRM'd and converted) for the first time and am increasing the font size. While I do have a memory stick, I keep all purchased content on the main memory. After it crashes and reboots, I can go back into the file and the font size increases just fine. This only happens sometimes. I've never had it crash/reboot with a change in the battery level.
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:20 AM   #4
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
I've had my Sony since December 2007 and never had any problems. I think it's just your unit. Might it be the format of the ebooks on it???
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote