Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #76
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
[EDIT] Well, I just wanted to help...
And you did,

The best sentiment you shared was MAKE A BACKUP!!!

Copyright is a major headpain especially when it comes the book/e-reader industry.

Thanks for the reminder.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:23 AM   #77
Glosnik
Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Would it work on bricked Kindle Touch, to just access Wikipedia with 3G?
Glosnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #78
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glosnik View Post
Would it work on bricked Kindle Touch, to just access Wikipedia with 3G?
A little bit of context here would certainly help.

Although the 3G modem is a different ARM SoC than the one which runs the Kindle, it is assembled such that only the Kindle SoC can issue commands to it.

Translation: "Bricked" Kindle SoC system - nothing to operated the 3G SoC system.

Shorter answer: No
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:53 AM   #79
Glosnik
Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
By bricked I mean Kindle that can't be registred again.
Glosnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:37 AM   #80
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
In theory yes. But you would need to alter some parts of the system, so since you had to ask in such a general way, I'm not sure you (as in you yourself) will be able to do so. I know of no ready made software to enable you to do so, no ready made instructions, and I really doubt there will be many people here being fond of doing hand-holding. That said - it is certainly doable, I guess, given enough hacker's attitude, knowledge or alternatively, googling, trying, failing, trying again.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2021, 08:11 AM   #81
kindle46
kindle46 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 and 6
How can I find out my Kindle 3G telephone number?

I did put the SIM card of my Kindle 3G into a Samsung Smartphone but a SIM-card tool says that the telephone number is not stored on the SIM-card.
With "*135#" or "*#62#" I get the message that that service is not supported.

Nevertheless I receive a Covid-SMS from the german federal government.

So there must be any way to find out the Telephone number but how?
kindle46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle modifications