Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-14-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
*Angie*
Bookish
*Angie* doesn't litter*Angie* doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Sony PRS-300
Splitting files... or something?

Sorry, I wasn't sure what to title the thread, since I'm not sure exactly what to call what I'm hoping to do.

I downloaded a great torrent of a huge collection of Shakespeare's work. At least I thought it was great until I found that several of the "shorter" files were combined into one large file (so instead of having, for example, Hamlet/Romeo & Juliet/MacBeth as seperate books, they're all in the same file). Is there any way to split them up into their separate titles? Either that, or a way to add some sort of table of contents or something that would allow me to choose which book I want to go to in the file?
*Angie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
What format?

Somehow, though, I think downloading the same from Project Gutenberg, Feedbooks, etc might be easier...
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2009, 06:58 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Lots of Shakespeare right here on MR, although much of it is in Omnibus editions.

As far as what you downloaded, what format is it in? Provided they're in a compatible format you can use Book Designer to make your own individual editions (LRF directly or Epub by making Lit [or some other format] and converting to Epub with Calibre). Sigil should also work if doing epubs.

There are likely tons of other options, but need to know what you've got format wise.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 09-14-2009 at 07:01 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Feedbooks' Shakespeare books are at http://feedbooks.com/search?query=shakespeare (Includes books with "Shakespeare" in the title or description, but there's only an additional handful of those), in case you can't find a simple way to split them and would prefer to just collect the titles again.

The Gutenberg files are here, and mostly available in several ebook formats, although many people don't like Gutenberg's formatting.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Here is a link to our books........you will like the formatting way better than PG.....I believe you want the lrf versions......let us know if this helps.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebooks.php

Edit.....oops. Type "Shakespeare" in the search box, and all the books will come up. Search box is on the right, in the blue bar....click on 'search'
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert