Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-07-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
T.W.G
Connoisseur
T.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of light

Device: prs-505
Personal Code Page after power on?

Good morning,

we all know that you can lock your PRS-505 with a Pincode.
Is there any mod possible to customize the Pincodescreen which is shown when you switch your unit on?

It would be great if I can have my owner details displayed on this pincodescreen - like on a PDA/Blackberry etc.

Does anybody know if this is possible?

Thanks
T.W.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:33 PM   #2
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Not an exact match for what you are looking for, but prscustomizer allows you to personalize the "About" screen with (Name,Telephone,Email)
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2009, 06:16 PM   #3
voidIndigo
Enthusiast
voidIndigo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505, REB 1200, Kobo Glo
About the locking mechanism in the PRS-505:

In the PRS-505, I find terribly annoying to enter the code every single time I turn it on. I try to read a quick page or two every opportunity I got and every time I have to enter the code. One day, I counted the number of times I did it and, if I didn't miss many, I entered the code 98 times in a day! That number is etched in my brain with fire!

I also own a REB 1200, and in it you only have to enter the security code once a day.

Does anyone know a way to change this behavior?

Best regards,

void Indigo
voidIndigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
If you go to settings > Advanced settings > Device Lock you can turn it off completely, but I don't know any way to change the settings for it.
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote