Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-24-2009, 06:14 AM   #1
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Plastic Logic - Reader: CES 2010 release confirmed to Dresden Newspaper

An article in the german Newspaper Desdner Neueste Nachrichten today states that Plastic Logic will delay the market appearance of its long awaited product until CES 2010.

As Dresden based PL-manager Rachel Lichten apparently told the paper, the new date was due to the current global economic situation, the technical startup delays in production at the companies new plant in Dresden-Rähnitz (which only started operations this year) and the wish to keep up with competitors as far as possible additional functions of the device where concerned.

Heise has the story, too.

---
I seem to remember that they just wanted to have a pre-production run and tests with content-partners and chosen testers in the 2nd half of 09 anyway?

But well, well, if they are still fiddling with the design and the functionality that's surely not a good sign. And it will push up the price further and make market-entry even more difficult.

But if they come up with something worthwhile in the end - so be it. I can wait. (Says the little angel - but the little devil, oh my, the )

---
Update:

Yes, of course: Had that in January. As I stated above.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37263

So its just the bit about the ongoing design issue and the fact they spoke to the lokal newspaper then.

Last edited by beachwanderer; 03-24-2009 at 06:39 AM.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
And i am very interested to hear what the price for this device will be. I assume it will not be cheap
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
Burliburd
Enthusiast
Burliburd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, iPod Touch
Longer time they will need for development, more money they will ask for it.
Burliburd is offline   Reply With Quote