Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 12-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Unknown: The First 100,000 Prime Numbers. v1. 11 Dec. 08

Are you tired of reading about self-proclaimed geniuses? Do you like to strut with the best of them, or swing through the jungle on a loose vine?

If you’re a genius, you just might enjoy reading this prime thriller. (Ouch!) If you’re like most people though, reading a mystery is a good-ol’-boy exercise that's fun to do, like making bubbles in a community pool!

This is a book that will keep you guessing until the very end. No spoilers here! And imagine: A mystery without a murder! I can tell you one thing, however: The butler sure didn’t do it!

So peel back your eyelids, my friends (preferably with tooth picks), and settle down for a read that goes on and on and just doesn't seem to want to end....

Like all the books I assemble on MobileRead, this too was assembled to reflect human intervention and artistic judgment.

I hope you enjoy it.

NOTE: I almost categorized this as "Horror." (You be the judge.)

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Unknown - The First 100,000 Prime Numbers.lrf (278.6 KB, 918 views)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
!!!!!!!!!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
NOTE: I almost categorized this as "Horror." (You be the judge.)
May I suggest "Spiritual"?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #4
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I heard about this on TV and I was intrigued. Then I started reading it and am enthralled! Please, no one post any *spoilers*. I can't wait to see how it ends up! No, really I hope it never ends!

Thanks Dr. D!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:14 PM   #5
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
This is a book that will keep you guessing until the very end. No spoilers here! And imagine: A mystery without a murder! I can tell you one thing, however: The butler sure didn’t do it!
Is there a suspect prime?
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2008, 04:26 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Is there a suspect prime?
aaaarrg !!!!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:16 PM   #7
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Now what we need is for a genius to use the book and solve the 200-year old mystery of the Goldbach Conjecture. (Who knows, perhaps there's a hidden code?)

Christian Goldbach, an 18th century amateur mathematician noticed in 1742 that every even number above 4 is the sum of two primes.
So 8 is 5+3,
24 is 19+5, or 17+7. etc.

It's worked for every even number that has been tried. This is currently ≤ 10 to the power of 18.
But the mystery is that no-one has been able to find a proof of why it works. Prizes have been offered if someone solves the puzzle. So there's the Mystery of the Missing Proof.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldbach's_conjecture
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:08 PM   #8
CO'Neil
Enthusiast
CO'Neil doesn't litterCO'Neil doesn't litter

Device: PRS500
I don't really understand the copyright laws, but would we it be possible to upload an early edition of the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics? After a while would it become public domain?

I'm not requesting it, mind you, just wondering if an edition older than 75 years or whatever would be out of copyright. Probably straight log tables are fair game, like prime numbers, but wow -- the whole reason you buy a hard copy is the implied proofreading guarantee. Imagine proofing 200+ pages of figures! (Although way back when I got paid to do so, it wasn't out of the question, that's for sure.)

Thanks for another MR hit, dude!

Chris
CO'Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:04 PM   #9
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
It's been around for 90 years, and is now in (at least) the 87th edition.
Early editions may be out of copyright, depending on when the authors/editors died.
For our main server, we operate under Canadian copyright law, which is the life of the author(s) plus fifty years.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:24 PM   #10
CO'Neil
Enthusiast
CO'Neil doesn't litterCO'Neil doesn't litter

Device: PRS500
You're right, it's the 89th edition now, for about $149 plus or minus a CD-ROM. But I didn't know that it depended on the death date of the original authors/editors. Somewhere I thought Disney had extended the copyright on Mickey Mouse out to forever.
CO'Neil is offline   Reply With Quote