Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-15-2008, 12:12 PM   #61
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
this t-shirt from one horse shy might be appropriate for anyone having previously been awarded the Pendant of Pedantry. for example. note there may be more than one recipient of the Pendant.

As for me, well lots, but top of the list would probably be a chance to see Robert Lepage starring in another of his productions of the calibre of "Far Side of the Moon". But I reserve the right to change my mind. Especially if I see more adverts for dessert wine. Or gadgets like the Lili webcam. Or....
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:18 PM   #62
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
i wish i was an oscar mayer weiner
then everyone would be in love with me
Oh, but we DO love you, Uncle Duke! You bring us donuts, and lots of joy!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2008, 09:12 PM   #63
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
A few early graphics to help with the mood for those of us (unlike badgooDeb) without snow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MerryChristmasSparkle.gif
Views:	228
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	17915   Click image for larger version

Name:	XmasMouse.gif
Views:	242
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	17916  
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #64
The Skwerl
Super Skwerl
The Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litter

Device: Sony 500
Well I'm disabled and my family and I live on 1000 bucks a month. My wish list is very simple. I wish my 2 kids to have a very good Christmas, and a Happy one at that.
2) I want everyone to have a Very Merry Christmas. 3) For me to one day update my reader to a 505.
The Skwerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:25 AM   #65
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I'm stealing VR's idea and making it a thread.

I want the new program for my LiveScribe to work on 64 bit machines to come out.

I want an infrared keyboard from ThinkGeek.com

And a m-Edge cover and light for my Kindle.

And world peace if you've got the time...
I just got an e-mail that Livescribe now has 64 bit capacity, so my evening will be full! They also have hand-writing recognition software available and allow printing of your own paper, which I am assuming will allow forms to be made. Yay!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2008, 11:54 AM   #66
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
I just want two things for X-mas... A new pair of shoes, and for fictionwise to respond so I can buy the ebookwise for my son for X-mas...

Slite/Ralph Sir Edward: I just use a Philips DVP5990 with a USB HD... Doesn't do h.264 but it IS cheap

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:22 PM   #67
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
I just want two things for X-mas... A new pair of shoes, and for fictionwise to respond so I can buy the ebookwise for my son for X-mas...

Slite/Ralph Sir Edward: I just use a Philips DVP5990 with a USB HD... Doesn't do h.264 but it IS cheap

-MJ
Could you provide more details? Does it read files off of USB drive? PM if you prefer.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:28 PM   #68
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I just got an e-mail that Livescribe now has 64 bit capacity, so my evening will be full! They also have hand-writing recognition software available and allow printing of your own paper, which I am assuming will allow forms to be made. Yay!
I want a Smartpen, but the paper-requirement puts me off a little for what I'd like (though the "roll your own" sounds better), and I honestly can't think of anywhere I'd use it....but I still want one.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:47 PM   #69
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
What I want is a quiet Christmas with the family and my wife's parents (they're both 86.) No drama, no screaming, just a nice day with good friendship among family. Maybe world peace would be easier.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:01 AM   #70
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
What I want is a quiet Christmas with the family and my wife's parents (they're both 86.) No drama, no screaming, just a nice day with good friendship among family. Maybe world peace would be easier.
Worldpeace = No problem. Quiet family christmas = No way, no how!

Christmas with the family ALWAYS tend to go ballistic in an hour or so. Thats why wifey and myself are incredibly happy that this year, all our kids and grand-kids are doing "other things"

Will just be the two of us at home for x-mas. Long walk with the doggies, have x-mas dinner when we are hungry, not because it's supposed to be served at a certain time. I get to decide what we will be watching on TV etc etc.

Ahhh, this will be a good x-mas eve!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:44 AM   #71
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Christmas with the family ALWAYS tend to go ballistic in an hour or so. Thats why wifey and myself are incredibly happy that this year, all our kids and grand-kids are doing "other things"
Last year we had Christmas here, with about 14 family members staying here (from my nephew, Noah, at about 3.5yo all the way to Nan at 92yo). It was fine for the most part (for a given value of the word "fine"), though my need for my own space had me glad to see the backs of them all.

This year we're staying home again, but as far as we know no-one is coming to stay. I'm pretty happy with that (even putting aside the current tension within the family).

Cheers,
Marc
Old 11-26-2008, 04:05 AM   #72
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I do not have a long list of Xmas expectations.

Whirled peas and common decency for the new year.

I am not holding my breathe or anything.

But if the end times come, tell 'em I gave at the office.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:14 AM   #73
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
I do not have a long list of Xmas expectations.

Whirled peas and common decency for the new year.

I am not holding my breathe or anything.

But if the end times come, tell 'em I gave at the office.
Well, the world won't end until 2012 or possibly next Tuesday if we can get the debate going between Marc, pshrynk, Taylor and Bomb #20 that is.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:23 AM   #74
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Well, the world won't end until 2012 or possibly next Tuesday if we can get the debate going between Marc, pshrynk, Taylor and Bomb #20 that is.
Possibly last Tuesday (perhaps relativistic affects have not yet made the end apparent)?

Cheers,
Marc
Old 11-26-2008, 08:54 AM   #75
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I try to have a relativistic affect. It helps when dealing with my patients.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unutterable silliness