Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-13-2008, 09:14 AM   #1
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Kindle at Borders?

I was poking around the "See a Kindle in your city" Discussion board and there was a guy close to my hometown that swears he Bought his kindle at Borders and that they have a display next to the register. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that 1. You could only purchase the Kindle thru Amazon and b.) Borders only sells the Sony PRS 505? I would hope this guy isn't packing around a Sony thinking it is a Kindle. (And they wonder why people call us dumb rednecks!)

Thanks,
JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:33 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
You are correct on both counts.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2008, 01:09 PM   #3
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Oh dear. I'm guessing he probably is. I wonder if he's tried to buy any books off Amazon.com yet.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:17 PM   #4
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Oh dear. I'm guessing he probably is. I wonder if he's tried to buy any books off Amazon.com yet.
I am no rocket scientist or anything but at what point, Do you finally see the big SONY on the device and literature and finally go Oh that is an odd way to spell Kindle!

JJ
Old 07-13-2008, 01:20 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Could he be using the word "Kindle" to mean book reader? Could you send the link to the post? I would love a good laugh..........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #6
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Could he be using the word "Kindle" to mean book reader? Could you send the link to the post? I would love a good laugh..........
Here are both of them! Enjoy and Please dont hold him against the rest of us

JJ

http://www.amazon.com/Huntington-WV/...FA2VBT5XX0TD/1

http://www.amazon.com/SEE-KINDLE-IN-...GBV3D6KLP5M1/1
Old 07-13-2008, 01:26 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Who's going to burst his little bubble?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:43 PM   #8
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Who's going to burst his little bubble?
Deb,
I already emailed him with Pics of the PRS and Kindle Side by side. I even Highlighted the word KINDLE and SONY on each Pic!

JJ
Old 07-13-2008, 02:08 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
I was poking around the "See a Kindle in your city" Discussion board and there was a guy close to my hometown that swears he Bought his kindle at Borders and that they have a display next to the register. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that 1. You could only purchase the Kindle thru Amazon and b.) Borders only sells the Sony PRS 505? I would hope this guy isn't packing around a Sony thinking it is a Kindle. (And they wonder why people call us dumb rednecks!)

Thanks,
JJ
Please. I don't see this as a 'redneck' thing. You'll find the same level to ignorance from New York to California..and in Arizona.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:10 PM   #10
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

I see that Ricky has already set him straight on the Kindle site, (Man that is one fast armadillo.)

JJ
Old 07-13-2008, 02:13 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Deb,
I already emailed him with Pics of the PRS and Kindle Side by side. I even Highlighted the word KINDLE and SONY on each Pic!

JJ
Well, that was a nice way to do it. He's so excited, I hope he's still happy with his purchase.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
I see that Ricky has already set him straight on the Kindle site, (Man that is one fast armadillo.)

JJ
and she rolls up nicely, too!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #13
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
and she rolls up nicely, too!
Well, you know what they say .... "A rolling armadillo gathers no moss."
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #14
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Well, that was a nice way to do it. He's so excited, I hope he's still happy with his purchase.
I just Hope no one has made a special trip to see his Kindle, I will bet there are only about 2 in the whole state because of Sprint coverage.

JJ
P.S. I just saw Ricky's other reply on it. She wrote:

Just curious if your "Kindle" has a big old "SONY" printed on it. As far as I know the only ebook reader Borders sells is the SONY. So, it is highly unlikely that anyone is going to buy (or see) an actual Kindle at a Borders bookstore.

Last edited by jerryleejr; 07-13-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:28 PM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Well, you know what they say .... "A rolling armadillo gathers no moss."
Do you HAVE a problem with gathering moss?? Just wondering....