Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
There's still hope for us geriatric cases....

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.
- Norman Maclean

December 23, 1902: Norman Maclean did not begin writing fiction until he retired from his work as a professor at the University of Chicago—he published his first novel, A River Runs Through It, at age 73.

Goodreads quote of the day.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Then I have plenty of time as I just turned 43 this month. lol.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ya got forever!......assuming you don't do some darwin-award stunt!
Old 12-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Oh, I guess I can take the next 71 years off then... phew
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Ya got forever!......assuming you don't do some darwin-award stunt!
Never. I enjoy reading about the foolhardy stunts that others do to earn their own Darwin Awards far too much to do one myself. And they are very educational as well. I don't have to try one to know things will turn out badly if I do. Some of them are so off the wall. I mean who but an idiot would try to weld a hand grenade to a piece of chain for example.
Advert
Old 12-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.
- Norman Maclean

December 23, 1902: Norman Maclean did not begin writing fiction until he retired from his work as a professor at the University of Chicago—he published his first novel, A River Runs Through It, at age 73.

Goodreads quote of the day.
Beat him by six years. Mind you he probably got an agent to do it for him and a proper publisher, but mine was self-published via CreateSpace. Otherwise I've got three years left.

How about you, Kenny?
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #7
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Wilde View Post
Beat him by six years. Mind you he probably got an agent to do it for him and a proper publisher, but mine was self-published via CreateSpace. Otherwise I've got three years left.

How about you, Kenny?
No novel yet, a couple of books of poetry and book of science essays and a memoir.... Novel is on the TBD list. but may have a short story collection first....
Old 12-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #8
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
remember, Voltaire was a late blooming writer...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
remember, Voltaire was a late blooming writer...
He also said that a certain belief was dead and would be forgotten in 100 yrs. Now days a publishing house that prints books relating to that belief has its headquarters in Voltaire's old house.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #10
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
He also said that a certain belief was dead and would be forgotten in 100 yrs. Now days a publishing house that prints books relating to that belief has its headquarters in Voltaire's old house.
He'd probably laugh at the fact...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #11
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Then I have plenty of time as I just turned 43 this month. lol.
Oh geez I first read this as you just turned FOUR this month!
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #12
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Oh geez I first read this as you just turned FOUR this month!
Well if you want to write, as Stephen King says, ya got to learn to read.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:53 AM   #13
Anna Drake
Zealot
Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I swear I read a post in a forum someplace, (not here) where the person said they didn't enjoy reading, but they'd really like to write a novel. So tell me, could Mr. King have gotten it wrong?
Anna Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #14
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Drake View Post
I swear I read a post in a forum someplace, (not here) where the person said they didn't enjoy reading, but they'd really like to write a novel. So tell me, could Mr. King have gotten it wrong?
Yep, I've heard it in writing forums, groups, workshops etc since I've been writing....several decades.

I've never understood that mentality....probably never will.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #15
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Drake View Post
Quote:
Yep, I've heard it in writing forums, groups, workshops etc since I've been writing....several decades.

I've never understood that mentality....probably never will.
And the chances are that neither will you ever read a novel written by someone who doesn't like to read. (I had to re-read this sentence three times to see if it made sense... Maybe I should be a novelist. I've still got a few years.)

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote