Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
liyajiang
liyajiang began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
KPW fault

My day version of the Kindle paperwhite, hand feel is ineffective, the screen with found input chaos, pressing a key other key follow random input, from yesterday, the screen long time no reaction, today morning session suddenly have a reaction, I try to stay in the system restore, need to make sure the language position, because can't input information and can't go ahead, you see is the mainboard failure or screen failure
liyajiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
I'm terribly sorry, but this reads exactly like James Joyce to me.

Seriously: I realize that english is not your native language, and that's not a problem. But if you want to get help, we have to at least understand your question. Please try to find a friend who speaks english reasonably well and who can translate your question.

(EDIT: just in case - no, this wasn't meant to be offensive in any way. I really did not understand the question, and I assume that I'm not the only one)

Last edited by ixtab; 03-02-2013 at 08:01 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Sorry, but I must guess at this description.
I will do my best, no offense intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liyajiang View Post
My day version of the Kindle paperwhite, hand feel is ineffective, the screen with found input chaos,
Today, touch screen of my Kindle does not respond.
The screen does not display anything related to my inputs.

OK - I think I got that part.
Quote:
pressing a key other key follow random input,
I have had that happen to my Kindle Paperwhite.
It can be so busy inside, that you can get three and four touches ahead of the machine.

Each touch was acknowledged by the change in background color.
As many as four touches at a time.
Quote:
from yesterday, the screen long time no reaction,
Yes, that followed with mine also.
Later, logs showed that it had to run a file system check to repair file system errors.
That can take a long time.

Quote:
today morning session suddenly have a reaction, I try to stay in the system restore, need to make sure the language position, because can't input information and can't go ahead, you see is the mainboard failure or screen failure
If your problem and mine where the same - -
The attempt to fix the file system failed.

Most likely, firmware failure.

Be sure machine has full charge battery.
Recharge for at least 12 hours.

The Amazon update to version 5.3.1 is a complete firmware replacement.

If you can, put that on your Kindle at top of USB storage area.
Alongside "documents" NOT inside "documents"

Hold power button 1/2 minute or longer.
Then let go.

Wait.
This may take time to complete.

The re-installation of the complete image MAY fix the file system.

Tell us how this works for you.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I'm terribly sorry, but this reads exactly like James Joyce to me.
It's clearly a machine translation.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's clearly a machine translation.
Yes.

In the early days of the PC add-in hardware the directions where written in that tongue.
We called it: Chin-glish.

Even today, the automatic translators are not very good at the Asian languages. A very difficult problem for a computer.
Advert
Old 03-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #6
liyajiang

thankyou sir

Mr. method I have done ,
Machine upgrade failure prompted to restart , press the power

Machine after opening this phenomenon
I hope the President to make a judgment : is screen damage or motherboard damage

If the screen is damaged, I want to buy a new screen
Old 03-03-2013, 05:36 AM   #7
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I'm also just guessing, but:
- is the device generating USB events when connected to a PC?
- yes: the motherboard should be working. It *could* be screen damage or software damage (!)
- no: the motherboard might (!) be damaged. It could *also* be a battery or software issue.

Overall it's hard to tell. You are not giving enough information. Or I don't understand it.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #8
liyajiang

thankyou sir;Report the situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
I'm also just guessing, but:
- is the device generating USB events when connected to a PC?
- yes: the motherboard should be working. It *could* be screen damage or software damage (!)
- no: the motherboard might (!) be damaged. It could *also* be a battery or software issue.

Overall it's hard to tell. You are not giving enough information. Or I don't understand it.
When connected pc with usb , kindle u disk , and a variety of operations can normal

Yesterday , touch screen can work , so the device reset , however, the machine starts , the touch screen and can not enter and cause the device to reset the program to select the position of the language can not be continued
Old 03-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #9
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
When connected pc with usb , kindle u disk , and a variety of operations can normal

Yesterday , touch screen can work , so the device reset , however, the machine starts , the touch screen and can not enter and cause the device to reset the program to select the position of the language can not be continued
If the translation means:

"position of the language" -> "select the font"
The machine may be busy trying to build the font cache with a bad font file.
Try selecting another font.

"position of the language" -> "select the language"
This may also be the machine trying to use bad file or files.
Try selecting another language.

Try posting that part about "position of the language" again using different words or a different description.

That might give us a better translation to work with.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #10
liyajiang

thinkyou sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
If the translation means:

"position of the language" -> "select the font"
The machine may be busy trying to build the font cache with a bad font file.
Try selecting another font.

"position of the language" -> "select the language"
This may also be the machine trying to use bad file or files.
Try selecting another language.

Try posting that part about "position of the language" again using different words or a different description.

That might give us a better translation to work with.

*May be inaccurate translation , not select the font , but to restore the factory settings interface , the machine will not be able to use the touch screen

*Machine back to the factory settings screen , select the location ( country) , my touch screen does not work

Last edited by liyajiang; 03-03-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:04 AM   #11
knc1
Going Viral

THANKS !! Nice and clear.

Mine has not done that, will have to give it some thought.

Anyone else had that problem?
A country selection disables the touch screen?
Anything that disables the touch screen?
Old 03-04-2013, 03:46 AM   #12
liyajiang

Results

After investigate and repair the master , he said , according to my kpw phenomenon , it can be determined that the board has failed , rather than the touch screen failure
Old 03-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #13
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
After investigate and repair the master , he said , according to my kpw phenomenon , it can be determined that the board has failed , rather than the touch screen failure
That is sad.

twobob is offline   Reply With Quote