Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #391
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Good luck to all those who guessed moi!
Perfidious Poultry!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #392
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
I mixed up names here. It was pilotbob. Here's the exercept from the 1st chapter:
Spoiler:
pdurrant uncorked the bottle and poured the green contents into the punch bowl, which almost erupted before calming back down. He continued to stir vigorously, as he added more "secret spices" to his brew.

"Hey, pdurrant -- let me taste the punch now" asked pilotbob, waving his empty cup. "It looks like it's packing quite a punch now! Get it? Punch ... packing a punch?"

A muted groan ran around the room at pilotbob's latest, and worst, attempt at holiday humor.

"Sorry, no one can have any more punch now - it has to simmer a while -- I'm using my own family recipe for mulled wine." explained pdurrant.

"And it even contains its own heat source" observed Dr. Drib, using his pipe to point out the tiny green flames dancing on the bubbling surface of pdurrant's witches brew.

"Don't forget pooh -- you're in charge of popping the corn to string on the tree." said dreams.

"Putting a chicken in charge of the corn" sniggered pilotbob, emptying his cup and heading towards the window. "I'll just open this window a bit to clear out Dr. Drib's smoke - it's so thick that someone could get murdered in this room and no one would notice."
A very good point. This must mean that either it was a slowly working poison, or the brandy dreams found in the basement wasn't poisoned at all. Pilotbob was alive for a long time after drinking the punch.

It's beginning to sound like
A) pooh poisoned the punch after it was put away to simmer, or
B) the punch was never poisoned and pdurrant was drowned in it.

So what about the cookies then? Were the sprinkles poisoned or was the poison added to the cookies while the others ate dinner?
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #393
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iznogood View Post
A very good point. This must mean that either it was a slowly working poison, or the brandy dreams found in the basement wasn't poisoned at all. Pilotbob was alive for a long time after drinking the punch.

It's beginning to sound like
A) pooh poisoned the punch after it was put away to simmer, or
B) the punch was never poisoned and pdurrant was drowned in it.

So what about the cookies then? Were the sprinkles poisoned or was the poison added to the cookies while the others ate dinner?
But actually, I'm still unsure if he poured something in the glass. Or was he waving the same empty glass again and again?
Regarding the sprinkles, it was said that some ants were fine (just eating the cookie parts and leaving aside the sprinkles? Clever ants, indeed Or were they some ants in the know? ).
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #394
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Is it strange that I voted for pooh because if he was the murderer then that meant that the other moderators didn't eat him?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #395
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
Is it strange that I voted for pooh because if he was the murderer then that meant that the other moderators didn't eat him?
I appreciate not being consumed!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #396
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I wonder if this is prophetic...
My Sony 505 chose last night to go belly up...
After almost 4 years of absolutely perfect functioning, my screen went all wonky, the device will not shut off or even reset. I'm going to try changing the battery today and see if that has any effect, but I have my doubts.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #397
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I wonder if this is prophetic...
My Sony 505 chose last night to go belly up...
After almost 4 years of absolutely perfect functioning, my screen went all wonky, the device will not shut off or even reset. I'm going to try changing the battery today and see if that has any effect, but I have my doubts.

Stitchawl
Do you have a winning entry in the drawing?
Old 01-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #398
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Do you have a winning entry in the drawing?
I sure hope it's there. I e-mailed it in on the 11th day of the contest. I saw those 'killer eyes' the first time I met you.... I wasn't going to fooled by the pleasant, friendly manners....

Stitchawl
Old 01-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #399
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
He said earlier in this thread that he fingered you as the culprit, pooh. It would be serendipitous to see Stitch win a new reader just when his old one craps out.

I'm pulling for you, Stitchawl!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #400
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
I sure hope it's there. I e-mailed it in on the 11th day of the contest. I saw those 'killer eyes' the first time I met you.... I wasn't going to fooled by the pleasant, friendly manners....

Stitchawl
I think ..... Are you sure I didn't kill you too? There were so many bodies .... it's hard to keep track .... Mr. Jellby! Is Stitchawl on your forms?
Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #401
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
He said earlier in this thread that he fingered you as the culprit, pooh. It would be serendipitous to see Stitch win a new reader just when his old one craps out.
I'm pulling for you, Stitchawl!
Thanks.
It really would be a remarkable coincidence. I've been completely satisfied with my Sony 505, and often would read the various complaint threads for other models, thanking my lucky stars for my Sony's sterling performance. Then last night, I read for an hour after dinner and all was well. Picked up the reader two hours later and the screen was covered in strange e-ink patterns that won't clear away. It won't shut down, it won't re-set... I'm going to do an autopsy on it later this afternoon. Maybe I'll be able to just jiggle something back into place.

Quote:
I think ..... Are you sure I didn't kill you too? There were so many bodies .... it's hard to keep track .... Mr. Jellby! Is Stitchawl on your forms?
Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
Although, if you ask my ex-wife...

Stitchawl
Old 01-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #402
Shushan
Bibliophile
Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Pandigital Novel, PC
Talking

I am still unclear as to why the library door was unlocked when everyone went to check. If the booby-trap was set before Harry_T went in there and was locked in, why unlock it? I am guessing the poster who suggested that the internal keys were the same and this is how Poohbear_nc unlocked it, just not clear on why.

In fact, this was one of the things that may me afraid I had chosen the wrong person. I guessed right, but I was still second guessing myself.
Quote:
Perfidious Poultry!
Indeed!

May the sequel have gravy...
Shushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #403
Pat M
Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo wifi
Quote:
Thanks.
It really would be a remarkable coincidence. I've been completely satisfied with my Sony 505, and often would read the various complaint threads for other models, thanking my lucky stars for my Sony's sterling performance. Then last night, I read for an hour after dinner and all was well. Picked up the reader two hours later and the screen was covered in strange e-ink patterns that won't clear away. It won't shut down, it won't re-set... I'm going to do an autopsy on it later this afternoon. Maybe I'll be able to just jiggle something back into place.
Stitchawl
May you also win an ereader that lasts for many more happy years for you.

I hope I win one too. My fine old ereader has also gotten a tad wobbly. I think maybe it drank the green punch
Pat M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #404
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
May the sequel have gravy...
Quote:
I think maybe it drank the green punch
Hmmmm .... it's becoming easier & easier to select the victims for my next book ....
Old 01-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #405
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
If they're the victims, can I be the survivor? I was even a vegetarian for over a decade!
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
win a kobo glo, win a pocketbook touch, win an amazon paperwhite, win an onyx boox, win waterfield kindlecase