Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
CardcaptorRLH85
CardcaptorRLH85 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
Windows 8 MTP Problems

I haven't seen any threads about this yet so I guess I'm first. I've seen the threads concerning MTP-only devices taking a long time connecting to Calibre by USB. However, my Sprint Galaxy Nexus (toroplus) has been connected for 608 minutes now and is still not done. This didn't happen in Windows 7 which leads me to believe that Windows 8 handles MTP differently than 7 did. I also have another program (ComicRack) that seems to have a similar issue and there's no fix there yet either. I just thought that I should bring this to the attention of the people here just in case there's something I'm doing wrong.

The attached image is a screenshot from over an hour ago showing 539 minutes of connection time listed in the 'Jobs' window.

System Information:
Windows 8 Pro w/Media Center x64
4GB RAM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre Device Connection Hang.png
Views:	796
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	97316  
CardcaptorRLH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
One thing you can try is rebooting both your device and your computer. That resets both MTP stacks and often fixes this kind of issue. Unfortunately, I dont currrently have a Windows 8 system to test with, so I can't comment on whether the problem is generally present with windows 8 or not.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 12-07-2012 at 02:11 AM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 01:03 AM   #3
CardcaptorRLH85
CardcaptorRLH85 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
One thing you can try is rebooting both your device and your computer. That rests both MTP stacks and often fixes this kind of issue. Unfortunately, I dont currrently have a Windows 8 system to test with, so I can't comment on whether the problem is generally present with windows 8 or not.
Oddly enough, this actually worked (for Calibre at least). Thanks for the help ^_^
CardcaptorRLH85 is offline   Reply With Quote