Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #271
mallums
Enthusiast
mallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheese

Device: KT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSacredSoul View Post
Wait, there is a 5.3.2 for the PW?
Sorry, maybe not. Perhaps Paperwhite, too, but certainly Touch (I have both).
mallums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #272
dos1
20% cooler.
dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallums View Post
What's the word on Paperwhite with 5.3.2 firmware?

*Edit*: Sorry. I meant any unit with 5.3.2, including both Paperwhite or Touch.
There's no 5.3.2 for Paperwhite, and there's no known jailbreak for Touch with 5.3.2.

But there's a good thing: jailbreak done before should be preserved after upgrade to 5.3.2.

[edit]
Of course you can also boot into diag mode and install jailbreak manually Which is not possible on stock Paperwhite, but perfectly possible on Touch.

Last edited by dos1; 01-09-2013 at 09:21 PM.
dos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #273
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
There's no 5.3.2 for Paperwhite, and there's no known jailbreak for Touch with 5.3.2 yet.
You can "debrick" the K5 touch 5.3.2 to earlier firmware, jailbreak that, then install the 5.3.2 update.

Or you can install diags+ssh, run diags ssh, then mount the 5.3.2 main partition and manually add the jailbreak key to it.

See the simple debricking sticky thread for details.

Both methods require USB Downloader mode, which is not yet available on the Paperwhite.

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-09-2013 at 09:19 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #274
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
You can "debrick" the K5 touch 5.3.2 to earlier firmware, jailbreak that, then install the 5.3.2 update.

Or you can install diags+ssh, run diags ssh, then mount the 5.3.2 main partition and manually add the jailbreak key to it.

See the simple debricking sticky thread for details.

Both methods require USB Downloader mode, which is not yet available on the Paperwhite.
Thank you. Good news.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #275
mallums
Enthusiast
mallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheese

Device: KT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
There's no 5.3.2 for Paperwhite, and there's no known jailbreak for Touch with 5.3.2.

But there's a good thing: jailbreak done before should be preserved after upgrade to 5.3.2.

[edit]
Of course you can also boot into diag mode and install jailbreak manually Which is not possible on stock Paperwhite, but perfectly possible on Touch.
Thanks. I expect there will be some significant differences between the two. I also expect Amazon will release a 5.3.2+x fairly soon, possibly using the opportunity to close the hole in 5.3.1.

*Edit*: Of course I mean new Paperwhite FW. I will probably double check the 5.1.2 jb status of the Touch (and jb it if it isn't), then upgrade to 5.3.2 and see what's new. (Ain't this *fun*?)

Last edited by mallums; 01-09-2013 at 09:57 PM.
mallums is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #276
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=346
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #277
papierflieger
papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thank you for this! I was a little confused about this at first but the read me file was informative. Worked like a charm on my new PW!
papierflieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #278
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Okay, I have visited often enough and the Jailbreak thread seems to always be current so that I took the bait.

AOK! (I do wish I could still see the underlying folders that have gone into hiding in the PW)

Thanks. Next I will have to remove the 'commercials' (by paying) so that I can finally see my screen savers.

Maybe I should ask, are the Special Offers really special? I generally swipe on through after entering my password without even glancing at them.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #279
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
Okay, I have visited often enough and the Jailbreak thread seems to always be current so that I took the bait.

AOK! (I do wish I could still see the underlying folders that have gone into hiding in the PW)

Well, you can get access to these folders using usbnetwork - but at your own risk.

Quote:
Thanks. Next I will have to remove the 'commercials' (by paying) so that I can finally see my screen savers.

Maybe I should ask, are the Special Offers really special? I generally swipe on through after entering my password without even glancing at them.
Nah, not really. At least from what I see, they're mostly ads for AT&T and such by now, not special offers (=deals for books etc.)
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #280
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I thought I saw in the other thread that it DID work with 5.3.3 Oh well, guess I just won't use the Collections manager then....it's the only reason I wanted Jailbreak.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #281
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It does *work* on 5.3.3, it simply can't be *installed* on 5.3.3. You have to downgrade, install jailbreak, upgrade. The upgrade preserves the jailbreak.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #282
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
For clarification: when you say that the Jailbreak survives the update, does that also include all the additional hacks installed with it (Kindle developer certificate and the Rescue Pack)?
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #283
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
For clarification: when you say that the Jailbreak survives the update, does that also include all the additional hacks installed with it (Kindle developer certificate and the Rescue Pack)?
The Kindle developer certificate **IS** what Mobileread calls a "Jailbreak".

The "Rescue Pack" also survives.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #284
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
The Kindlet developer certificates do survive a normal upgrade. The rescue pack does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The Kindle developer certificate **IS** what Mobileread calls a "Jailbreak".

The "Rescue Pack" also survives.
Sorry, but you're wrong in both regards. cryzed was talking about the Kindlet developer certificates (even if misspelled), and these are NOT the device jailbreak.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #285
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
The Kindlet developer certificates do survive a normal upgrade. The rescue pack does not.

Sorry, but you're wrong in both regards. cryzed was talking about the Kindlet developer certificates (even if misspelled), and these are NOT the device jailbreak.
I had to go by what was written.

Sometimes even capitalization counts in English, such as: Polish and polish.

My crystal ball does not have the most recent firmware update.