Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-16-2008, 12:31 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Oh you need to set the environment variable in windows not on the command line

http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/environment.htm
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:26 PM   #17
jennaclaire
Enthusiast
jennaclaire began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Well, with the environment variable changed, when i do the Fetch News it runs for about a minute and then it throws a python25.dll error message that the microsoft error reporting tool and the closes libprs500 altogether. It looks like it was starting to run and then just dies like that. consistently.
jennaclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2008, 02:43 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Run it from the command line
Code:
web2lrf --verbose dilbert
Old 01-16-2008, 02:53 PM   #19
jennaclaire
Enthusiast

it gives me this...

F:\My Documents\libprs500>web2lrf --verbose dilbert
[INFO] simple.pyo:101: Downloading
.[DEBUG] simple.pyo:84: Fetching file:f:\mydocu~1\libprs500_tw1jsk\index.html
[DEBUG] simple.pyo:263: Processing images...
[DEBUG] simple.pyo:271: Processing links...
.[DEBUG] simple.pyo:84: Fetching file:f:\mydocu~1\libprs500_tw1jsk\category1.ht
ml
[DEBUG] simple.pyo:263: Processing images...
[DEBUG] simple.pyo:84: Fetching http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/im
ages/dilbert20366711080115.gif
[DEBUG] simple.pyo:84: Fetching http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/im
ages/dilbert27334210080114.gif
ages/dilbert20080111047743.jpg
ages/dilbert20080112223612.gif
ages/dilbert20080146683111.gif
[DEBUG] simple.pyo:275: Recursion limit reached. Skipping file:f:\mydocu~1\libpr
s500_tw1jsk\category1.html

[INFO] simple.pyo:103: file:f:\mydocu~1\libprs500_tw1jsk\index.html saved to f:\
mydocu~1\libprs500_s7vn1p\index.html
[INFO] convert_from.pyo:350: Processing f:\mydocu~1\libprs500_s7vn1p\index.html
[INFO] convert_from.pyo:303: Parsing HTML...
[INFO] convert_from.pyo:338: Written preprocessed HTML to f:\mydocu~1\html2lrf-v
erbose.html
[INFO] convert_from.pyo:354: Converting to BBeB...
[INFO] convert_from.pyo:350: Processing f:\mydocu~1\libprs500_s7vn1p\links\link1
\category1.html
[INFO] convert_from.pyo:303: Parsing HTML...
[INFO] convert_from.pyo:338: Written preprocessed HTML to f:\mydocu~1\html2lrf-v
erbose.html
[INFO] convert_from.pyo:354: Converting to BBeB...
[WARNING] convert_from.pyo:1344: Could not follow link to http://www.dilbert.com
/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20080115.html
[WARNING] convert_from.pyo:1344: Could not follow link to http://www.dilbert.com
/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20080114.html
/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20080113.html
/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20080112.html
/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20080111.html
[INFO] convert_from.pyo:285: Rationalizing font sizes...
[INFO] convert_from.pyo:1717: Output written to F:\My Documents\libprs500\Dilber
t [16 Jan 2008].lrf

F:\My Documents\libprs500>
Old 01-16-2008, 02:57 PM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

So it works from the command line. What was the exact error message you got from the GUI?
Advert
Old 01-16-2008, 03:06 PM   #21
jennaclaire
Enthusiast

Interesting.
Cause Dilbert does work at the GUI. I was orignally trying to pull The Economist, but figured i might as well just try dibert at the CLI just to make life easy.

Economist at CLI is a mess of recursion limits being reached... it goes on and on and on, i had to interrupt it.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:08 PM   #22
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Try something else as well say newsweek or nytimes
Old 01-16-2008, 03:24 PM   #23
jennaclaire
Enthusiast

Newsweek worked as well. I guess its just the Economist then...
Old 01-16-2008, 03:33 PM   #24
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Economist works for me note that the resursion limits are perfectly normal, they're there to prevent web2lrf from fetching the entire internet.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #25
jennaclaire
Enthusiast

Still errors here. Its the "libprs500.exe has encountered an error and needs to close" message. details are modname: phython25.dll and offset is 00094284, if that means anything at all.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:23 PM   #26
jennaclaire
Enthusiast

ran ok from the command line...
the plot thickens.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:03 PM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm strange, dont really know what else to suggest
Old 01-16-2008, 06:33 PM   #28
jennaclaire
Enthusiast

no worries. i think most windows users expect a certain amount of unexplained phenomena, to be honest.

thanks for the help and the command line info, which will be a good workaround.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:03 AM   #29
kati42
kati42 began at the beginning.

Also wanted to thank you, Kovid

This software helped me to decide to go ahead and get the Sony. I had been planning to get the Gen3, but was reading an awful lot of complaints about technical problems with the unit. Once I found out that the Sony accepted SD (not just MemStick) and that there was an excellent 3rd party tool to use it, that helped me decide to go for it.

I'm afraid that I've added a couple minor tickets to your list regarding tags, but I wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't just complaining. It really is an excellent tool, even if those tickets are never addressed.

Kati
kati42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:19 PM   #30
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Yes, I'm a new 505 owner and it was the ability to convert HTML and LIT for the Reader with libprs500 that convinced me this was the one to go with. Thank you, Kovid
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote