Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 12-27-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
multiprose
Connoisseur
multiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
sony t1 vs edge edge

hi friends.
can anyone with both devices comment about
1) how each device takes care of web browsing on the e-ink screen? like for instance, on the edge, can you use finger pinch zoom or are you limited to stylus?
2) for writing notes, highlighting, drawing on the e-ink screen, which device do they prefer?

thank you :}
multiprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
multiprose
Connoisseur
multiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheese

btw i'm going on the assumption (though maybe erroneous) that you can browse the web using the e-ink side of the entourage edge... please correct me if this is a misconception.
Advert
Old 12-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
That is a misconception.

You can write notes (Journal and Calendar functions, and annotating) on the eink screen, and you can browse the web on the LCD side and turn web pages into pdfs or epubs to view (and annotate) on the eink side, but no direct web browsing on eink.

I've only seen the t1 in a store. It's lovely, but quite a differenbt animal!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #4
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by multiprose View Post
hi friends.
can anyone with both devices comment about
1) how each device takes care of web browsing on the e-ink screen? like for instance, on the edge, can you use finger pinch zoom or are you limited to stylus?
2) for writing notes, highlighting, drawing on the e-ink screen, which device do they prefer?

thank you :}
You would be better off comparing the sony and the kindle - both are single screen e-ink devices whereas the eDGe, in both its models is a dual screen device.

I have to ask, why would you want to use e-ink for web browsing? It has a slow screen refresh rate and very limited colour response - max 16 shades of grey.

On either of the eDGes you use the LCD for web browsing and have the ability of sending a web page to the e-ink for annotation which can then be saved.

In fact there is no real comparison between the two devices, yes you can compare half of the eDGe with the sony but that is not a fair comparison of devices.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
i use nook str hacked to full android.
I use the e-ink for browsing (ninesky or dolphin) or email reading k9.
very usable on the beach.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #6
multiprose
Connoisseur

the reason why i ask is because browsing websites on backlit lcd hurts my eyes but i just received my edge today!!! i'm am absolutely DELIGHTED about the LCD screen.

it wasn't what i expected. it's not glossy and glass-like, which is a characteristic pervasive in the new tablets and laptops. instead, it has sort of the mattee (?) screen prevalent w/ older laptops. i love this type of screen. makes it a lot easier on the eyes =]