Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
NadineJB
NadineJB began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Orizon
Adobe Digital Editions ID remedy

Well I was exasperated as I had to reset my reader and then ADE no longer recognised my Orizon.

There is no help to speak of on the Bookeen site and after uninstalling and then reinstalling ADE and redownloading the ebooks that kept showing an EPub error (it's all to do with the software not allowing "pirated" ebooks) I found the solution...

Needless to say I didn't didn't find it on the ADE site either but interestingly on the Nook site.

So here goes...if your ebook works on your computer but then you keep getting an epub read error on your bookeen it is because you no longer have a valid ID.

You cannot do this manually via the ADE software...the only way is to delete all ADE software on your reader.

To do this you open your ebook as you would a memory stick. Then do a search for all adobe digital files and delete them.

Close the ebook reader and then reopen your ADE software. It will then recognise your book as a "new" reader and will go through the automatic ID certifcate generator...

And then you'll find when you transfer your epub book it will work like a dream...

Hope this helps
NadineJB is offline   Reply With Quote