Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-18-2010, 01:11 AM   #1
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
Landscape ZOOM BUG Work Around

Issue:

On Landscape -> (Normal Page Mode), when user activates "Zoom" function, the zoom slider is already at 9/10 of the way to max, and merely correlates to 100% zoom. So max zoom is limited to around 110% zoom. This effectively renders zoom in landscape mode useless.

Work Around

On Landscape mode, press the magnify button. Press Page Mode, select a page mode other than Normal. Press Magnify button, Press Zoom In. Now you can zoom considerably more. The zoom slider is no longer already at 9/10 of the way to max. It is about 3/10 of the way to max, thus leaves considerably more room to be increased.

Zoom Bug:

On some documents, the contents of the page will simply disappear before the zoom slider can be adjusted to maximum zoom.

There you have it, there's even a bug with-in a bug. Someone at Sony watched Inception too many times. ANother incompetent product from Sony.
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
antistar
Connoisseur
antistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: PRS-500, dr800sg, prs-950, MS SP3, Boox i86ML, Sony Z3TC, KV, Sony RP1
Another new discovery:

Sometimes the reader doesn't respond when you resize scanned pdfs (ocr'd). Try use two page view. I found my book reflowed and resized in front of me. Dropped my jaw a little bit
antistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
patomonk
Enthusiast
patomonk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.patomonk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.patomonk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.patomonk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.patomonk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-950
I tried it and that is amazing! Then you can switch the mode back to portrait and it stays reflowed. In fact it appears that it will show you the pdf page natively and then reflowed. That's great!
patomonk is offline   Reply With Quote