Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Newbie Kindle owners...looking for Kindle books on Amazon?

This page list Kindle books exclusively. You can plug in an author, title, or sort by best selling, low to high, high to low, etc.

I keep it on my favorites bar on firefox.....very handly.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?ur...rds=&x=18&y=21
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:06 AM   #2
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
Thanks DG, I'll pass that on to Elita
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 10:12 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And how is she enjoying her new toy?
Old 10-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for the link, desertgrandma. Someday I hope to be a Kindle newbie. At least lack of money gives me plenty of time to do lots and lots of research!

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:17 AM   #5
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
She's enjoying it quite a lot. We had a bad bit of luck already though when one book we downloaded had woeful formatting (I'm ranting about it elsewhere here on MR ).

We're very happy with it - I want one now ... maybe the DX.

Paul.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakIris View Post
Thanks for the link, desertgrandma. Someday I hope to be a Kindle newbie. At least lack of money gives me plenty of time to do lots and lots of research!

Holly
Let us know when you do.........and be sure to get the lighted cover for it!
Old 10-02-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Let us know when you do.........and be sure to get the lighted cover for it!
Well, the lighted cover does look pretty nice but I sort of have my heart set on an Oberon cover...

I know buying an after-market book light plus an Oberon cover is pretty costly, but it's all a pipe dream for me right now, anyway, so I can make my wish list and then eliminate things according to how much money I really have available. Oh yeah, and make sure I have enough $$ to actually buy some eBooks, in addition to the free ones I want, since reading, after all, is the whole point of getting an eReader in the first place!

Holly
Old 10-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #8
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Kindle books

Quote:
This page list Kindle books exclusively. You can plug in an author, title, or sort by best selling, low to high, high to low, etc.

I keep it on my favorites bar on firefox.....very handly.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?ur...rds=&x=18&y=21
I agree -this is definitely the best link for finding stuff.

A couple of tips:
Notice that you can refine your searches by choosing genre on the left side of the window.

Plus if you sort by price low to high and want just the new stuff, type in -domain at the top under search before you sort. This will get you a list of just the more current Amazon freebies.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakIris View Post
Well, the lighted cover does look pretty nice but I sort of have my heart set on an Oberon cover...

I know buying an after-market book light plus an Oberon cover is pretty costly, but it's all a pipe dream for me right now, anyway, so I can make my wish list and then eliminate things according to how much money I really have available. Oh yeah, and make sure I have enough $$ to actually buy some eBooks, in addition to the free ones I want, since reading, after all, is the whole point of getting an eReader in the first place!

Holly
Well, I certainly agree the Oberon covers are stunning...If they ever come out with a lighted cover, that will go on my birthday/anniversary/Christmas list!!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #10
OakIris
Addict

Quote:
Well, I certainly agree the Oberon covers are stunning...If they ever come out with a lighted cover, that will go on my birthday/anniversary/Christmas list!!
A lighted Oberon cover would be even more irresistible!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Plus if you sort by price low to high and want just the new stuff, type in -domain at the top under search before you sort. This will get you a list of just the more current Amazon freebies.
Thank you for that tip, Leep - I had to try it out and it works just as you said it would. I wonder if that trick will work on other sites....

Holly

Last edited by OakIris; 10-03-2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: spelling!