Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
lord of the rings-- for pocket pro--

anyone been able to find ebook for pocket pro that works well. I dont want to get one from fictionwise etc and then have to reformat and all. too technical. could just get it for the kindle but like the pocket pro more.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:31 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Buy an ePub edition - eg from BooksOnBoard. It will work fine on the Pocket Pro.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

ok will do but

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...6658&v=details

adobe digital versus epub what are the pros and cons for astak pocket pro?

Adobe ePub
Street Date: Monday, April 20, 2009
ISBN: 9780061952876
Total Filesize: 7.0 Mb
Copy Permissions: 122 copy selections allowed within 7 days.
Print Permissions: 122 pages allowed to be printed within 7 days.
Lend Permissions: Disabled
Read Aloud Feature: Not supported.
Expiration: Never expires

Adobe Digital Edition
ISBN: 9780061917806
Total Filesize: 12.7 Mb
Read Aloud Feature: Disable
Old 12-25-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Adobe Digital here means PDF. You want the ePub so you have proper reflowing of the text for different font sizes/page sizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
ok will do but

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...6658&v=details

Adobe ePub
ISBN: 9780061952876
Total Filesize: 7.0 Mb
Read Aloud Feature: Not supported.
Expiration: Never expires

Adobe Digital Edition
ISBN: 9780061917806
Total Filesize: 12.7 Mb
Read Aloud Feature: Disable
The library books I get in Digital Edition are often poorly formatted for e-readers and I'm not always impressed with how they reflow. The ones from my library still have headers, footers, and page numbers and with DRM, you can't remove those. I haven't bought any of these from BoB to know how they work, but I haven't had any problems with the ePubs.

If you're shopping for prices or availability, try the following web sites:

http://ebookprice.info/

http://ebooks.addall.com/

http://www.inkmesh.com/

Just be aware that Barnes & Noble ePubs WILL NOT work on your Astak. B&N decided to go their own way with the DRM, so their books won't work on any other reader right now.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Still working to get Barnes&Noble epub

Dear All:

Just a note to say that we are still negotiating with B&N to add their version of EPUB onto the Pocket PRO and EZ Reader Basic and Mentor Lite.

The problem is not cost... it is a stipulation they have about "exclusivity" and getting a Linux-based SDK to allow the porting.

I am a Lord of the Rings fanatic. I saw "AVATAR" over the weekend and just loved it. Somehow the plot seemed somewhat similar to me in a much simpler way.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
OT. Was it in 3D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

I saw "AVATAR" over the weekend and just loved it.
Did you see it in 3D or Standard.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #8
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you see it in 3D or Standard.
Dear TheDucks:

I was fortunate enough to see AVATAR in 3D with that special TTH sound! I was not too hot on 3D until this picture. AVATAR should positively be seen in 3D as the scenery is awesome. It is three hours and I wished it was four hours!!
Old 12-28-2009, 11:13 PM   #9
oncdoc
Addict

happy to report that books on board worked out real well. epub with no reflow problems. thanks for your help. no back to the hobbits. Is it me or the poetry kinda boring?
Old 12-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Dear All:

Just a note to say that we are still negotiating with B&N to add their version of EPUB onto the Pocket PRO and EZ Reader Basic and Mentor Lite.

The problem is not cost... it is a stipulation they have about "exclusivity" and getting a Linux-based SDK to allow the porting.

I am a Lord of the Rings fanatic. I saw "AVATAR" over the weekend and just loved it. Somehow the plot seemed somewhat similar to me in a much simpler way.
Personally I don't see the need for another ePUB reader but I would like to see the eReader support which was the original goal. We will get to use B&N books as soon as Jinke implements the latest DRM stuff from Adobe. We don't need their reader for ePUB.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:07 PM   #11
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Quote:
Is it me or the poetry kinda boring?
I thought so too, but I'm not a poetry fan.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:13 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Dear All:

Why do you have to negotiate with B&N? Adobe will be releasing the SDK for ADE that will support B&N's DRM for ePub. So just get it from Adobe and you won't have to dicker with B&N.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #13
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why do you have to negotiate with B&N? Adobe will be releasing the SDK for ADE that will support B&N's DRM for ePub. So just get it from Adobe and you won't have to dicker with B&N.
I imagine some of it is to do with B&N epub works now, Adobe will release a new SDK version sometime in 2010, so by dealing with B&N you are assured that it will work now.

I could be wrong, I could be way off track (history suggests I probably am )
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
I imagine some of it is to do with B&N epub works now, Adobe will release a new SDK version sometime in 2010, so by dealing with B&N you are assured that it will work now.

I could be wrong, I could be way off track (history suggests I probably am )
Given the bugs in the nook, I'd rather wait and have a device that has the official SDK direct from Adobe with all the bugs hopefully worked out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #15
Robertb

Good point but

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Dear JS:

You are right... but the latest I hear is Q3 of 2010.

If we can get eReader sooner we want to do so.

We will talk with Adobe on this at CES.