Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-07-2014, 09:33 AM   #526
AJLane
Member Retired
AJLane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
When sending a book via email the title and author are included in the text body of the email. Is there a way or plugin so that the metadata comments are also included so the receiver can see a summary when they receive the book?
AJLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #527
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJLane View Post
When sending a book via email the title and author are included in the text body of the email. Is there a way or plugin so that the metadata comments are also included so the receiver can see a summary when they receive the book?
Your wish appears to have been granted! Kovid changed this for you, see here: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...484d132a7139ef

calibre is awesome!

Kovid!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #528
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Your wish appears to have been granted! Kovid changed this for you, see here: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...484d132a7139ef

calibre is awesome!

Kovid!
He obviously doesn't have enough to do

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:14 PM   #529
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It was a simple change and I liked the idea
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:18 AM   #530
AJLane
Member Retired

Is there a way to include the book description in the body of an email when sending a book via email?
Old 02-14-2014, 06:26 AM   #531
AJLane
Member Retired

That is great, just what I was looking for.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:33 PM   #532
ampecs
ampecs began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505
tmx to bilingual ebook

Hello:
It would be interesting a plugin to convert tmx align text to ebook in several ways, 2 columns, phrase by phrase , or alternating pages.
As tmx is a xml format transforming mustn't be quite difficult I hope, and for learning languages it would be wonderful.
Thank you
ampecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:46 AM   #533
mashebro
mashebro began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
would like to have plugins for right click menu "mount file/iso" if i right click library file in calibre (this will be useful for people run win 8 or linux and add iso file to their library)

thanx
mashebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:44 PM   #534
s.lee.f
s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 4 non touch
Some sort of personalisation plugin.
s.lee.f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:29 PM   #535
bittenfig
bittenfig has learned how to read e-booksbittenfig has learned how to read e-booksbittenfig has learned how to read e-booksbittenfig has learned how to read e-booksbittenfig has learned how to read e-booksbittenfig has learned how to read e-booksbittenfig has learned how to read e-books

Automatic Book Classifier

I'd like a plugin that classifies books according to a Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) or Library of Congress Classification (LCC) based on a given title and/or author. This could be done through OCLC's Classify tool. The documentation for the API is available here.

I have neither the adequate programming experience or skills with Calibre plugins to be able to do this myself, but would be motivated to give it a try if someone could help me out. I know a fair amount of Python, but have never modified Calibre before. Thanks!
bittenfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:33 PM   #536
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
I didn't know where else to put this...Can the "Match this book to...." option be made to do a preliminary search. Most times search by what is there comes up with a prelim list that has what you need and this could save a few clicks.

ty
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:40 AM   #537
JaiGuru
JaiGuru began at the beginning.

Hello. I'm a new participant so I apologize if this is the wrong place for this.

What I wanted to request was a plugin that would add speed reading functionality to Calibre. Speed reading apps have become pretty popular. They flash a single word at you, at an adjustable wpm that enable you to learn to ingest information faster by silencing your internal dialogue. While this is not an ideal way to read all forms of text it is highly useful for some. I'd love to have this in Calibre so I don't have to open another program or webs site and copy text over.

Thank you for considering my idea!
JaiGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #538
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiGuru View Post
Hello. I'm a new participant so I apologize if this is the wrong place for this.

What I wanted to request was a plugin that would add speed reading functionality to Calibre. Speed reading apps have become pretty popular. They flash a single word at you, at an adjustable wpm that enable you to learn to ingest information faster by silencing your internal dialogue. While this is not an ideal way to read all forms of text it is highly useful for some. I'd love to have this in Calibre so I don't have to open another program or webs site and copy text over.

Thank you for considering my idea!
You can use any (format supporting)viewer you want with Calibre.

2 ways:

1) Preference: Behavior: (right column) Use internal Viewer: remove the TICK for those you ONLY want the OS to support.

2) Use the Open With Plugin and Create a 'Speed reader' app entry for the app you use.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #539
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It was a simple change and I liked the idea
Hi Kovid

Thanks for all your work on calibre as many here appreciate it.

I was wandering if there is a method to generate a table of contents from a merged epub.

for example say i merge 3 epubs.numbers 1,2 and 3.

now suppose i want to get to the start of epub no 3 but i don't want to scroll through epub 1 and epub 2 to get to the start of epub 3.

i just want to click on the table of contents at the start of epub1 which will list the table of contents as being epub 1 ,2 and & 3.

so i would click on epubs 3 title and it would take me to the start of epub 3.

in the above example i only used 3 merged epubs as an example.

i have merged 87 short story epubs using the epubmerge plugin but the plugin does not have the option to have an in line TOC.

This means that i will forget what books are in the merged epub after a while and also to get to a particular book i would need to scroll through 4000 odd pages.

I also tried to use the calibre EDIT TOC on the merged epub but it did not seem to generate the TOC anywhere in the merged epub.

So the is question could this feature be looked at for the next upgrade of calibre?

The TOC would simply be generated from the filenames of the individual epubs.

Last edited by vugtitan; 03-02-2014 at 11:13 AM. Reason: spelling.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:32 AM   #540
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
I was wandering if there is a method to generate a table of contents from a merged epub.
Open merged epub in Edit Book (hotkey 't' in English).

Tools -> Table of Contents -> Insert inline Table of Contents.

Save book.

Isn't that exactly what you want?
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development