Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #26086
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
England swings like a pendulum do,
Bobbies on bicycles, two by two,
Westminster Abbey the tower of Big Ben,
The rosy red cheeks of the little children.

Now, if you huff and puff and you fina'lly save enough
Money up to take your family on a trip across the sea,
Take a tip before you take your trip; let me tell you where to go,
Go to Engeland, Oh;

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWB1Sqsx1jo )

Good morning, everyone! Happy September morn! We decided to start the Fall season with a traditional British Fry-up breakfast with some friends from Huddersfield. Early morning out the door for an hour of Tai Chi, then breakfast at a local British ex-pat's restaurant, before coming back home to get ready for the rest of the day. Now I'm drinking a big mug of Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea, a brew that this same Huddersfield fellow introduced me to 10 years ago. It really is a tea you can stand on!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:23 PM   #26087
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
It was a hot and humid day for hiking, but the Chinese students didn't seem to mind! We hiked and laughed and generally had fun. Then we went to a local bbq place for them to try bbq and brunswick stew. They have a thousand questions - it is just invigorating being around them! This is me and 4 of them taking a break. I was trying not to have a heat stroke.

Which is why there is water in my cup tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1149560_10151633259613549_679012826_o.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	495.5 KB
ID:	110288  
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:31 PM   #26088
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Good looking bunch! Glad they're having fun!

Back from shopping. Finished off a Coke Zero.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:30 AM   #26089
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Betty - Thanks for the photo. What did the young girl think about the lack of people out there? It does sound as though they, and you, had a fantastic time.

Bottle water by my side and sweet tea in my cup. It was way too hot today.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:31 AM   #26090
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Betty - Thanks for the photo. What did the young girl think about the lack of people out there? It does sound as though they, and you, had a fantastic time.

Bottle water by my side and sweet tea in my cup. It was way too hot today.
I think they were more impressed with how much green space there is around here than anything else. Although I had just one of the young men in the car with me after leaving my house for a little bit yesterday (keeping in mind that everyone in this group is working at least on their masters degree, and this particular one is working on his PhD), and he asked me wistfully if we can see stars from here. He's lived both in the north and the south of China, but apparently has never been able to see stars there because of smog. We're setting up some stargazing soon because I have killer stars here -- which I have totally taken for granted up until now.

Coffee in my cup. Need plenty of time to wake up this morning before church!
Old 09-01-2013, 08:30 AM   #26091
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Red Tea Toucha Puerh. Vacation is great. Just got the internet yesterday. Kind of wish we hadn't
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #26092
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sounds as if both Betty and ProfCrash are getting the most out of summer! Enjoy!

I have a glass of Mango Lassi tonight. Fresh mango, home-made yogurt... Nice!

Stitchawl
Old 09-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #26093
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
We're setting up some stargazing soon because I have killer stars here -- which I have totally taken for granted up until now.
It's a great experience to see the familiar through new and enthusiastic eyes. Reminds us of what we have, and should appreciate more than we generally do.

Black coffee.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #26094
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I think they were more impressed with how much green space there is around here than anything else. Although I had just one of the young men in the car with me after leaving my house for a little bit yesterday (keeping in mind that everyone in this group is working at least on their masters degree, and this particular one is working on his PhD), and he asked me wistfully if we can see stars from here. He's lived both in the north and the south of China, but apparently has never been able to see stars there because of smog. We're setting up some stargazing soon because I have killer stars here -- which I have totally taken for granted up until now.

Coffee in my cup. Need plenty of time to wake up this morning before church!
Your post made me immediately think of Emerson's essay "Nature" - if I am remembering the right essay - with the wish to look at stars every night as if they were brand new [paraphrasing badly].
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #26095
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
ProfCrash - Internet or not, it sounds like you are enjoying your vacation.

Betty - What a fun idea to set up stargazing. I remember many a night when I was young when we would lay blankets on the ground and just gaze at the stars and talk. Now with so many city lights, we have to go up into the mountains to be able to really see the stars again.

Coffee in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:53 PM   #26096
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Slept in this morning, despite Felicity's best efforts to get me up and give her fish... But up now and drinking a mug of unbranded Keemun tea. Nice stuff. And yes, Felicity got her treat; dried squid rather than dried fish. She really prefers the squid but I have to travel further afield to get it for her.

Stitchawl
Old 09-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #26097
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!

Stormy Labor Day morning here. That's okay - I'm content to sit here with Sammy dog and just sip coffee and read.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #26098
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Steamy Labor Day morning here ... our storms will arrive this afternoon ... again ...

breakfast cranberry juice in my cup .... day off from work here
Old 09-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #26099
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Sunny Labour Day morning here. Today will be a kick-back day. Starting out with Peet's English Breakfast tea.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #26100
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Visited our local Total Wine store yesterday - picked up some interesting looking black Scottish ales .... will be reporting on them later tonight ....

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?