Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #286
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
At this point I just wish they would fix the obvious bugs and stop monkeying with it.
Agreed. It was working fine and now we get the Available Now books instead of Library collection when checking for new books.

The Remove from Wishlist does not work at all.

We have to log in each time to add a hold to the bookshelf.

What's going to break next?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #287
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The Remove from Wishlist does not work at all.
Nope. The only way I've been able to remove a book from my wishlists this week has been to navigate to the individual book's page, and click the red bookmark there instead.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #288
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Agreed. It was working fine and now we get the Available Now books instead of Library collection when checking for new books.
I feel like . Now I know why there were suddenly so few books listed on romance at my library. It didn't even cross my mind to look at those 2 buttons on the top. It used to default to all books, or library collection as they call it. Now its on available. Well duh.

I am getting dizzy after a while browsing with this new look. Because I try to squint and read the title of the books. With all these squiggly fonts and colors and thingamachings on the covers, my eyeballs are going in circles.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #289
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I feel like . Now I know why there were suddenly so few books listed on romance at my library. It didn't even cross my mind to look at those 2 buttons on the top. It used to default to all books, or library collection as they call it. Now its on available. Well duh.

I am getting dizzy after a while browsing with this new look. Because I try to squint and read the title of the books. With all these squiggly fonts and colors and thingamachings on the covers, my eyeballs are going in circles.
Yeah it is a sneaky change. Now all 3 of my Libraries are doing it.

The covers don't bother me but I pretty much do judge a book by it's cover. A tip is to hover your mouse over a cover. A tool tip will pop up with the title and author.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #290
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Yeah, defaulting to Available now is not useful to many people because you have to put the popular titles on hold everywhere.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #291
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Me too! I used to just scroll down the list where the covers were on one side and the title/author on the other and skim the text. Now reading across and down the grid makes me woozy. And on my library website at least, the genre browsing at the top is not working. I'm not a fan of the new layout.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #292
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
In touting the glories and massive positive response of libraries and their patrons to The Next Generation Experience, OverDrive CEO Steve Potash cites a Wayne Gretsky quote:

“Skate to where the puck is going, not where it has been”

(I'd be happy to go back to where the puck was!)
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #293
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
In touting the glories and massive positive response of libraries and their patrons to The Next Generation Experience, OverDrive CEO Steve Potash cites a Wayne Gretsky quote:

Looks like he pucked us over
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #294
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
^^^ That took some careful typing!

DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #295
piper28
Zealot
piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
One thing that I noticed last night that I honestly can't remember having seen with the old system: the library can mark books to only have a shorter lending period. I ran across a few that were set to only be 7 day lending periods. (I think they were newer books, which would kinda mirror our local library's policy that new books can only be checked out for 7 days also). Maybe that was there in the old system, but I honestly don't remember ever seeing it before.
piper28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #296
davem2bits
Enthusiast
davem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper28 View Post
One thing that I noticed last night that I honestly can't remember having seen with the old system: the library can mark books to only have a shorter lending period. I ran across a few that were set to only be 7 day lending periods. (I think they were newer books, which would kinda mirror our local library's policy that new books can only be checked out for 7 days also). Maybe that was there in the old system, but I honestly don't remember ever seeing it before.
I noticed this also. Bad thing is, the lending period limit does not appear when you look at an ebook and place it on hold. It would be nice to know there is a limit before the ebook becomes available. Another thing to complain to Overdrive about.
davem2bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #297
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post

Note there are not yet any comments on that blog. Maybe we should all go over there and say what we really think.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #298
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
One thing I like is that when I do a search, I can filter the results to just eBooks. I can get rid of audiobooks, music, and video. That means the things I don't want to see are no longer in my search results.

I search a lot by what's new the past 7 days and if the library has ordered audiobooks, they are in my list and with the new design, I can filter them out.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #299
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
One thing I like is that when I do a search, I can filter the results to just eBooks. I can get rid of audiobooks, music, and video. That means the things I don't want to see are no longer in my search results.

I search a lot by what's new the past 7 days and if the library has ordered audiobooks, they are in my list and with the new design, I can filter them out.
I've always been able to do that under the old system.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #300
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I've always been able to do that under the old system.
In the old system, all the eBooks were separated out by format. In the new system, all the eBooks can be lumped together or separated.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote