Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #451
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
How do you feel about Tanoori, chicken?

Stitchawl
That just isn't my color!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #452
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
My I so humbly ask Poohbear_nc how you became a chicken when your name is Bear? I have been puzzling over this for some time. It certainly confused me when guessing "who dun it", but since you had nothing in your stocking, I was betting that Santa knew who the real killer was.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:33 AM   #453
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I asked my daughter to read the mystery too to check my answer (fearing that it would sound too silly) and she became equally confused. First she wondered that a man is cooked in a microwave and how he fits in at all, but the greatest surprise came when she learned that a poohbear is in fact a chicken. I couldn't explain her and only admit that I was wondering too.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:19 AM   #454
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Maybe we become our avatars? Woof!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:43 AM   #455
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Maybe we become our avatars? Woof!
In that case, I'm destined to become William Shatner.

That's a 3rd Rock from the Sun reference, in case anyone missed it.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:04 AM   #456
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I asked my daughter to read the mystery too to check my answer (fearing that it would sound too silly) and she became equally confused. First she wondered that a man is cooked in a microwave and how he fits in at all, but the greatest surprise came when she learned that a poohbear is in fact a chicken. I couldn't explain her and only admit that I was wondering too.
If you've ever read "And Then There Were None" by Agatha Christie, the answer to this mystery was right along side. At least that's what was going through my mind when I read it the second time. All the bodies were accounted for, and actually SEEN by the others. Only Pooh's was 'assumed' to be his because of the glasses. Nobody actually saw a dead 'Poohbear,' only a cooked chicken and some green glasses.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:54 AM   #457
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Stitchawl, the confusion was not about the solution but about this bear/chicken itself. That a grownup will fit into a microwave (and that they grill moderators in the microwave) and that a bear actually is a chicken was something that my daughter, as she doesn't read this forum and "knows" poohbear, didn't understand in the beginning.

Although I first believed that poohbear was dead too I finally came to the right conclusion. For me, the poem was a very bold hint to "And then there were none" and when reading the whole mystery in one piece (with a pen and paper by my side) it all fitted together.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:07 AM   #458
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Stitchawl, the confusion was not about the solution but about this bear/chicken itself. That a grownup will fit into a microwave (and that they grill moderators in the microwave) and that a bear actually is a chicken was something that my daughter, as she doesn't read this forum and "knows" poohbear, didn't understand in the beginning.

Although I first believed that poohbear was dead too I finally came to the right conclusion. For me, the poem was a very bold hint to "And then there were none" and when reading the whole mystery in one piece (with a pen and paper by my side) it all fitted together.

What poem?

Stitchawl
Old 01-13-2013, 06:32 AM   #459
Billi
Wizard

The four bold and big lines at the beginning of each sequel.

Together they make this poem:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=16

based on this original, as Ravenne kindly pointed out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Visit_from_St._Nicholas
Old 01-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #460
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
The four bold and big lines at the beginning of each sequel.

Together they make this poem:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=16

based on this original, as Ravenne kindly pointed out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Visit_from_St._Nicholas
Ah ha! Now I understand! I don't think I read it in its entirety before. Thanks for putting up the link. I'm so familiar with the original (most American kids have to memorize it in primary school) that when the 'new version' showed up in the story I guess I didn't pay it much attention.

Stitchawl
Old 01-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #461
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

[Don't tell anyone, OK? Poohbear_nc was given to me when I, a poor endangered chicken, entered the Witness Protection program for the 6th or 7th time. They told me that no one would suspect a "poohbear" of being edible. This is just between us, right? Nobody is going to tell on me ....]

[or I might get angry]
Old 01-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #462
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
[Don't tell anyone, OK? Poohbear_nc was given to me when I, a poor endangered chicken, entered the Witness Protection program for the 6th or 7th time. They told me that no one would suspect a "poohbear" of being edible. This is just between us, right? Nobody is going to tell on me ....]

[or I might get angry]
It's the hat that I always wondered about...
It's either an Australian or ANZAC model or the hat that Frank Sinatra wore in the movie 'Never So Few,' where he was an OSS operative in Burma... On the other hand, it could be from 'Pepe's South of the Border' just as easily.

Stitchawl
Old 01-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #463
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
It's the hat that I always wondered about...
It's either an Australian or ANZAC model or the hat that Frank Sinatra wore in the movie 'Never So Few,' where he was an OSS operative in Burma... On the other hand, it could be from 'Pepe's South of the Border' just as easily.

Stitchawl
It came with the disguise kit! No one was supposed to look below the hat at the face! Sigh! This is just great .... now I'll have to go back into the program .... and emerge as ..... [sigh]
Old 01-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #464
Billi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
[or I might get angry]
... and kill some moderators?
Old 01-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #465
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
... and kill some moderators?
Did I miss some?

Errrr .... are there any left?

Tags
win a kobo glo, win a pocketbook touch, win an amazon paperwhite, win an onyx boox, win waterfield kindlecase