Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
Wenzel2863
Wenzel2863 began at the beginning.

Device: Blade M720
Problem reading ePUB Files

I'm a noob to Calibre - have tried to read the manual but having trouble - so apologies for any stupid questions

I have a reasonable size libraray - most files converetd to ePub but when I try and open them I keep getting errors (looks like file are corrupt)

I'm using a reader which detects as a SOVS device - but the internal viewer also has issues reading the files.

I'm trying to find a way to scan and identify corrupt/error files - don't want to have to deal with each file via trial and error

Wondering if there is a script or plugin that will do whay I'm looking to do

Appreciate any advice/suggestions

Wenzel
Wenzel2863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenzel2863 View Post
I'm a noob to Calibre - have tried to read the manual but having trouble - so apologies for any stupid questions

I have a reasonable size libraray - most files converetd to ePub but when I try and open them I keep getting errors (looks like file are corrupt)

I'm using a reader which detects as a SOVS device - but the internal viewer also has issues reading the files.

I'm trying to find a way to scan and identify corrupt/error files - don't want to have to deal with each file via trial and error

Wondering if there is a script or plugin that will do whay I'm looking to do

Appreciate any advice/suggestions

Wenzel
I am not sure if this is within the scope of the Quality check Plugin,: But I would use it to check the files (I would try the HTML file size test first as many device choke on too big sections). If there is a gross error, I would expect entries in the log (remember to copy to clipboard and paste it into a text file).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QC-fileSZ.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	89092  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert