Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
EltaninPub
Nameless Being

EltaninPub [2013]

After publishing illustrated ebook editions of The Marvelous Land of Oz and Ozma of Oz, readers asked us to do The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. It took a while but it's finally finished. If you've never had the pleasure of reading the original version (silver slippers?!) of the story as Baum and Denslow intended, this is the best (perhaps the only) digital version with all the illustrations included.

Available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

Happy Reading!

Cathy Ryan
Editor-in-Chief
Eltanin Publishing

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-07-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
EltaninPub
Nameless Being

Amazon has put The Wonderful Wizard of Oz on sale for $0.99! The ebook is DRM-free, so you can read it on all your ereading devices.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
EltaninPub
Nameless Being

We've published the 4th and 5th books in the Oz series - Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz and The Road to Oz. The books are DRM-free.

Both books contain ALL the original illustrations by John R. Neill (in color, if they were color in the first edition). The covers above link to Barnes & Noble. The books are also available at Amazon:
Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz: Amazon US, Amazon UK
The Road to Oz: Amazon US, Amazon UK

Old 12-21-2011, 12:24 AM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
very cool! I may have to pick these up soon!
Old 12-21-2011, 01:43 AM   #5
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i would have preferred the oz books on smashwords. any chance of that happening?
Old 12-21-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
EltaninPub
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
i would have preferred the oz books on smashwords. any chance of that happening?
Mark won't let us put public domain books on Smashwords, so we're out of luck. I pointed out that we wrote a new preface, so in theory they aren't public domain anymore (we've made a derivative work), but he wasn't buying it.

I also pointed out some public domain books that are already for sale on Smashwords, but he said those must have "slipped through the cracks" and that didn't mean we could do it.

The books are DRM-free, so you can buy from either Amazon or B&N (if you're in the US) and convert. Also, we are in the process of redoing our website and we plan on allowing purchases (using paypal) directly on the new site. That probably won't be up and running for a few weeks.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #7
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
very cool! I may have to pick these up soon!
I bought the first one, and it was beautifully done.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:08 PM   #8
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Doesn't look like we can get the first in the series here in UK .........
Old 12-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #9
EltaninPub
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Doesn't look like we can get the first in the series here in UK .........
Hmmm... I'll try to look into what's wrong. I know it was working a week or so ago, because we got a few sales. Do UK customers have the choice of purchasing from amazon.com? If you go to amazon.com, can you see/buy it?

EDIT - I changed my address to a UK one, logged in to amazon.co.uk, and I'm seeing it for sale. Here's the link I used. Read the next message though about price. And do keep me posted if you still have trouble.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wonderful-Wi.../dp/B005VRZXOA

This Link lists them all: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...blishing&ajr=0

Last edited by EltaninPub; 12-21-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #10
EltaninPub
Nameless Being

And by the way, I just went in about an hour ago and adjusted the price for UK. If you are in the UK, whether you're buying from amazon.com or amazon.co.uk, I suggest waiting a few hours...

Old 02-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #11
EltaninPub
Nameless Being

Amazon has finally price matched Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz and The Road to Oz to Barnes & Noble's price of $0.99 (at amazon.com - price matching doesn't seem to carry over to amazon.co.uk unfortunately), so now all 5 of our Oz books are $0.99. We hope to have the 6th out soon!

[In case anyone is wondering why we didn't just price them at $0.99 to start with, it's because Amazon wouldn't let us - they insisted on $1.99 due to the large file sizes.]

Old 02-14-2012, 02:12 AM   #12
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Have you got anywhere in making the series available to people outside the US who use ePub readers?
Old 03-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #13
EltaninPub
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Have you got anywhere in making the series available to people outside the US who use ePub readers?
As with many technology projects, our new website is taking longer than we expected to become functional - including a way to buy the ebooks online directly from us.

For now, though it is much less automated, if you have a Paypal account, you can log in and send payment ($0.99 per Oz book) to info@eltaninpublishing.com and specify in the message which ebooks you are purchasing. We will then email you the DRM-free ePub versions. It's not instant, though - you have to wait until we check email and see the order. We will assume it is ePub that you want, since the mobi format is available on Amazon (though due to price-matching complications, each book may be priced more than $0.99 on your country's amazon page. If that's the case, feel free to use paypal instead and just specify whether you want ePub or mobi). But if you are in the US and want mobi, we do prefer you buy from Amazon.

Another option is to buy the mobi from Amazon and convert it yourself to ePub using Calibre. That's actually how I create our ePubs, and the only settings change is that I check off "do not add detected chapters to table of contents" because otherwise you might get duplicate entries in the TOC, and I check off "maintain cover aspect ratio".

Finally, The Emerald City of Oz is taking a little longer than expected, but should be available soon.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #14
EltaninPub
Nameless Being

New Release - #6 in the Oz Series - The Emerald City of Oz

We are pleased to announce that we have published the 6th book in the Wizard of Oz series: The Emerald City of Oz. It includes all of the original illustrations (over 100) by John R. Neill. DRM-free.

Here is an excerpt from the all new preface by Oz expert and Eltanin editor J.C. Nusbaum:

" L. Frank Baum pulled out all the stops for his sixth and, what he believed was to be the final, Oz book, The Emerald City of Oz. In this book, it seems Baum brought in all his longed for elements, including the title, which was the working title for The Wonderful Wizard of Oz but was rejected by the publisher because of a superstition cursing novels named after gemstones. Baum also elevates this Oz book beyond the constructs of a direct and simple narrative; for the first time, he constructs two parallel storylines that follow the protagonists (Dorothy, the Wizard and a host of favorite traveling companions) as well as the Nome King and his brood of antagonists on two separate journeys where both parties encounter a range of mystifying populations. ..."

Available at:
Amazon US: http://amzn.com/B007NO7OG4
Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007NO7OG4
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/emerald-city-of-oz-l-frank-baum/1100642461?ean=2940014263641&itm=6

Old 06-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #15
EltaninPub
Nameless Being

The 7th book in Baum's Oz series is now available from Eltanin Publishing! Includes ALL the original illustrations (over 130), many in color. Also includes an illustration in the Editor's Preface from a chapter that Baum's publisher suggested be left out, due to it being a bit gruesome. DRM-free.

Here's an excerpt from the Preface:

"There’s something liberating about second chances, and L. Frank Baum took full advantage of his when he wrote The Patchwork Girl of Oz. Having intended to end the Oz series forever in his prior book, The Emerald City of Oz, Baum “discovered” a way to resume communications with Oz and continue the series. In Patchwork Girl, Baum employed a similar plot structure that he hadn’t used since his first and most popular installment, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. Here, Baum takes the hapless and orphaned Ojo and sends him on a quest across the Land of Oz, presenting the marvels of that fairyland through the new eyes of a sheltered child."

Available at:
Amazon US: http://amzn.com/B0088DZTQG
Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0088DZTQG
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/patc...=2940014740883

See post #13 above if you are outside the US and want ePub (in short, buy from Amazon and convert, or paypal us and we'll send it to you).

Last edited by EltaninPub; 09-04-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
illustrated, illustrations, wizard of oz