Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Kobo coupon 20% off 1 book Exp 6/26

Code: jun23ca20
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Thanks I still have a small amount of store credit. It looks like they aren't giving any more good ones. 20% is meh. I don't see me shopping there unless they start giving better coupons.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Thanks I still have a small amount of store credit. It looks like they aren't giving any more good ones. 20% is meh. I don't see me shopping there unless they start giving better coupons.
Kobo shopping is on hold for me also
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I agree, although I will probably get one of my cheaper titles on my wishlist. I was actually surprised to see even this one.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
It's not an OH WOW LET'S GO SHOPPING exciting coupon, but it's still a discount I'll happily use. They still seem to give coupons more often than the other guys (Sony or B&N).
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:05 AM   #6
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Just one book? And now that the agency pricing applies in Canada ... considerably less to choose form ... but still, it beats a kick in the pants!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
If giving coupons in the past habituates people to the extent that they will never buy from Kobo again with only 20% off, maybe they should avoid giving them at all. Margins aren't so great that Kobo will succeed if people buy from them only when they can get a cutting-into-profits big discount.

By my count, there have been 3 discounts in June. Two one time 20% off and a third for $1 off. That seems pretty good to me.

I shop for price, and I buy elsewhere when Kobo is more expensive. That being said, I can't imagine NOT buying from Kobo when pricing is the same. Is it supposed to be some sort of punishment for not having a discount all the time?

Last edited by taming; 06-25-2011 at 09:26 AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:49 AM   #8
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
If giving coupons in the past habituates people to the extent that they will never buy from Kobo again with only 20% off, maybe they should avoid giving them at all. Margins aren't so great that Kobo will succeed if people buy from them only when they can get a cutting-into-profits big discount.

By my count, there have been 3 discounts in June. Two one time 20% off and a third for $1 off. That seems pretty good to me.

I shop for price, and I buy elsewhere when Kobo is more expensive. That being said, I can't imagine NOT buying from Kobo when pricing is the same. Is it supposed to be some sort of punishment for not having a discount all the time?
For me personally, I'll buy at $0.00 - anything off when I need/must have a particular book. For all other purchases (i.e. feeding my ebook-buying addiction ) I wait (not till never though ) for what I consider to be a good coupon. I can't speak to the cumulative effect of this type of buying but I can only take responsibility for my budgetary decisions

(I have a Kindle so my primary bookstore is Amazon; my only motivation to shop at Kobo is a good coupon).
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Well, considering the file conversion issues if you are a kindle/amazon user, I can see that. I don't buy from Amazon unless there is a price differential for much the same reason.

In truth, the price differential has to be a dollar or more as I really do like the advantages over other formatting currently associated with their proprietary kepub format for ePUBs.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #10
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
My tummy's still full from the winter codes ... and I'm reading as fast as I can!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:27 PM   #11
Anke Wehner
Addict
Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PRS-650
*heh* Yes, they have spoiled us with previous coupons.

But there was a book I wanted to pick up soon, anyway, so that's nice.

Thanks a lot for posting; I didn't receive an email about this, so I'd have missed it.
Anke Wehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
For me personally, I'll buy at $0.00 - anything off when I need/must have a particular book. For all other purchases (i.e. feeding my ebook-buying addiction ) I wait (not till never though ) for what I consider to be a good coupon. I can't speak to the cumulative effect of this type of buying but I can only take responsibility for my budgetary decisions

(I have a Kindle so my primary bookstore is Amazon; my only motivation to shop at Kobo is a good coupon).
I am on tight budget so I will wait on my monthly titles till I have a good discount. Fictionwise has been getting the business that Kobo previous got from me because of Kobo's lack of good coupons. I'm a frugal person and I always go with lowest price or best deal. I rarely buy a book over 7.99 and when I do it's an agency book so a 20% 1 time discount isn't going to help much on my regular buys which run $3.89 book at Kobo. I was buying gift cards from Kobo and shopping that way to avoid fees but that's on hold now.

I admit Kobo spoiled us but if I can't get a good discount I will just go back to Books On Board and use their rewards program.

Last edited by Blossom; 06-25-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #13
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
All things being equal (i.e. Agency), I've been making all my non-discounted purchases from Kobo assuming they aren't a week behind everyone else in updating the Agency sales items (because those are the ONLY Agency items I will buy, but I digress . . ). Even though it's easier for my to buy the same thing from B&N for my Nook it's Kobo that gets the business because they do offer the coupon codes so they've earned some loyalty.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:01 PM   #14
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
All things being equal (i.e. Agency), I've been making all my non-discounted purchases from Kobo assuming they aren't a week behind everyone else in updating the Agency sales items (because those are the ONLY Agency items I will buy, but I digress . . ). Even though it's easier for my to buy the same thing from B&N for my Nook it's Kobo that gets the business because they do offer the coupon codes so they've earned some loyalty.
I've gotten a lot of great deals from Kobo and I'd agree that they'd earned some loyalty. On the other hand, I've been a very good customer and I'm getting very, very tired of the malfunctioning website and unresponsive customer service. Most recently, I've been trying for days to purchase a book with a coupon, and each time I get an error code when I hit buy. It's been over 72 hours since I emailed customer service and I have yet to get a response. I'm still getting the same error code today.

I've got a little Border's credit that I will use up, that is if the website even lets me buy something, and then I'm giving up. It's not worth the hassle and the time I've put into it.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:28 PM   #15
NightBird
Wizard

deleted

Last edited by NightBird; 06-27-2011 at 03:08 PM.