Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-11-2010, 04:38 PM   #31
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherTD View Post
I am pleased with what I see so far. The product pages on the web mention your own OPDS catalog, but I can't see how to add my own? Is that a forthcoming feature?

I do like the balance of formatting options. Respect the publisher's layout, then selective overrides. A good balance between artistic/typographic sensibilities and practical reading considerations.
Add your own OPDS. Yea, that WAS working, but form page was a bit rough, so we pulled it for the moment. Should be back in there soon. e.g. anywhere from 1-2 weeks. That's all html stuff so no update needed, we can push it down as soon at is is good enough.
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #32
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We do plan to push an update in a couple weeks with some fixes, and some nice goodies too. That is when some additional stores will appear as well.
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 04:50 PM   #33
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by luismesa View Post
Hi, does Bluefire support direct purchases? I could not see a way to purchase DRMed content from the app (all of it seems like free content). Is that a limitation of the current version of the app or if you do support it, how do you handle the .acsm file that is sent from the CS4 server? I'm testing your DRM capabilities and the only way I can get protected ePub content is to first license it thru ADE which creates the protected ePub and then I email it to Bluefire. Am I missing something?

Thanks.
Direct purchases are supported via a protocol link in mobile Safari - LIKE THIS:
"bluefirereader.com://fulfill/http://www.yourcoolsite/yourcoolfolder/yourcoolbook.acsm"

or if not protected:
"bluefirereader.com://download/http://www.yourcooletcetc.epub (or .pdf) UPDATE, this is not ready yet as I thought (dang) more on this soon...

We also support direct download or fulfillment links in the OPDS feeds. (which can be behind log-in - e.g. like Feedbooks "Profile"). We need to publish some technotes.... oy, the "to do" list is long.

Last edited by Micah; 10-12-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #34
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude

Worth repeating:
Download links for Safari Mobile into Bluefire Reader are:
ACS4 Protected content:
"bluefirereader.com://fulfill/http://www.yourcoolsite/yourcoolfolder/yourcoolbook.acsm"

or if not protected:

Last edited by Micah; 10-11-2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Dang it download protocal not iplemented yet. should have been.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #35
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude

Geez, just looked at email, 473 unread. Gotta go. Check in tomorrow.
-Micah
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 04:55 PM   #36
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
Add your own OPDS. Yea, that WAS working, but form page was a bit rough, so we pulled it for the moment. Should be back in there soon. e.g. anywhere from 1-2 weeks. That's all html stuff so no update needed, we can push it down as soon at is is good enough.
Brilliant news - I have everything on Dropbox with Calibre, so access via OPDS will be great. Best of luck, it is good to see someone approach the rendering of an ebook as more than a simple matter of getting some words on a page.
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #37
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude

Dang it! download protocal link was not actually implemented. was on the list, but did not happen. OK, we must push an update very soon. I'm off on that misssion..
Old 10-11-2010, 05:19 PM   #38
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude

ChristopherTD: Thanks. And you aint seen nothing yet. I am obsessed with this. Someone must be. e should not = u (as in UGLY)
Old 10-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #39
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude

Ah, I was bummed, but I just remembered that if you have a link with .epub file, it should present the "open in" menu, which will include the Bluefire Reader option. Protocal link is way cooler, but also less interoperable. So foundation is good. I'm a big advocate of inter-operable. e.g. If we can make it easy to move files from BFR to other readers, we will.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #40
luismesa
luismesa began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
>>Dang it! download protocal link was not actually implemented. was on the list, but did not happen. OK, we must push an update very soon. I'm off on that misssion..

Do you have an ETA for the update? We're anxious to provide direct access to protected ePub via BFR. Thanks!
luismesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #41
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Does the Bluefire 'Adobe DRM' include updates for the B&N extensions? In other words will it read stuff bought at B&N?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #42
Jsimon
Enthusiast
Jsimon began at the beginning.

Library

Consider me an average user. Lazy , don't care to have multiple apps. If I want tp buy a book for my iPad I will use kindle app or the built in reader. However you will distinguish yourself is the ability for me to download a book from my public library to read. Most use epub adobe digital editions thru overdrive. I've tried emailing to myself, using iTunes share function but I still get an access denied error. This is the holy Grail. Is it forthcoming and when?
Jsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:38 AM   #43
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
I have tried this with ADE ePub titles, dragging them into the app folder in iTunes and it works nicely. I had previously tried txtr, but you had to upload your books to their server and that was a step too many!
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #44
bibliovault
bibliovault has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bibliovault has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bibliovault has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luismesa View Post
>>Dang it! download protocal link was not actually implemented. was on the list, but did not happen. OK, we must push an update very soon. I'm off on that misssion..

Do you have an ETA for the update? We're anxious to provide direct access to protected ePub via BFR. Thanks!

Eager here as well--please keep us posted. Thanks very much!
bibliovault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #45
Jsimon
Enthusiast
Jsimon began at the beginning.

Christopher- I've tried dragging the pub file into the App in iTunes via file sharing. I still get access denied
Jsimon is offline   Reply With Quote