Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 10-03-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
The Skwerl
Super Skwerl
The Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litter

Device: Sony 500
1150 - Deleting Books

Hi Skwerl here. I know this will sound dumber then all get out but I noticed that my 1150 has a bunch of books on it already. How do I get them off. I can't seem to find the way to do it. They are on the internal memory. Am I stuck with these there? Please some info would be great.
The Skwerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Did it come with some sort of library software? I've never used one, but it seems I've heard others talking about a library software of some sort ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:52 AM   #3
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
You can delete books on the 1150 directly. I'm trying to remember how... I loaned mine to my daughter, once I had my iLiad. Hm. Try clicking on the bookshelf?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:38 PM   #4
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
You delete a book by clicking on the icon near it; an option "Remove the book" appears, click on it and answer "yes" to "are you sure...?"
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:14 PM   #5
The Skwerl
Super Skwerl

Beautiful ...it worked . Thanks Much for the help all. Now I have another question...why does my 1150 have a headphone jack?
Old 10-04-2007, 01:17 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
<wisecrack> To plug in your headphones, perhaps? </wisecrack>

Sorry, can't help myself -- there were fish in a barrel and you handed me a shotgun.

I'd guess that it either has a audio player utility tucked away somewhere, or a read aloud function?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:52 PM   #7
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I think it's left over from an earlier plan to support audio books or something.... I don't think it actually works for MP3 files or whatever. (But given how far off I was on the deleting question, you should probably wait for someone who really knows what they're talking about to speak up!)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:25 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skwerl View Post
Hi Skwerl here. I know this will sound dumber then all get out but I noticed that my 1150 has a bunch of books on it already. How do I get them off. I can't seem to find the way to do it. They are on the internal memory. Am I stuck with these there? Please some info would be great.
In the library manager tap the circle next to the name. A screen will drop down with one of the options being delete.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:16 PM   #9
The Skwerl
Super Skwerl

Koolbeans thanks for the help everyone.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:48 PM   #10
kgian
Enthusiast
kgian began at the beginning.

Device: EBW-1150
The headphone jack is not used. It is a remnant during the design phase..
kgian is offline   Reply With Quote