Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-20-2017, 11:17 AM   #1
Kythe42
Zealot
Kythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Android tablet
Custom text for virtual libraries.

When you set up virtual libraries and have them displayed as tabs, it automatically creates a tab called "All Books". Is it possible to change the text of this tab at all in the advanced settings area?

Admittedly I'm using Calibre for something other than it's intended purpose. I made a second copy of the portable version of the program to use for tracking crafting tools with empty book entries. I'd like to be able to change this tab to "All Tools" if possible.

If it's not doable, I can live with it, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks in advance for any help.
Kythe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:52 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not unless you are willing to run calibre from source.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2017, 06:07 PM   #3
Kythe42
Zealot
Kythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipse

By that, do you mean a normally installed version instead of the portable version? If so, that's really not ideal because I'd want the option to run from a thumb drive.

Well, thanks for your reply. It's not a huge deal, and I realize if I'm using Calibre for something other than books, then I have to make allowances. Doing this was easier than trying to figure out how to do something similar in Excel or Access.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:02 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Kythe42, Kovid - I would do something similar with standard column headers for my Journals library, change the authors Column header string to "Journal", and title Column header string to "Issue".

I thought of changing the source - but not worth the effort.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:07 PM   #5
Kythe42
Zealot

@BetterRed

As for the columns, I just created a bunch of custom columns and then hid the standard columns that I had no need for. When editing the metadata, I don't use anything on the basic metadata tab except for tags and do everything else on the custom metadata tab.
Advert
Old 11-20-2017, 07:35 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Kythe - I toyed with doing as you suggest. But having the journal name and issue in the file name when I add was too convenient to forfeit. Whatever - volume 28, issue 123 with template (?P<author>[^_]+) - (?P<title>.+) fits in with my other libraries.

I do all my single 'book' metadata editing in the book list where I have absolute control of horizontal column sequence, which I can change manually, and/or via View Manager.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:18 PM   #7
Kythe42
Zealot

@BetterRed

Yes, different methods work better for different situations.

Though I was able to tweak the order of the custom fields in the custom metatdata tab of the form. This worked better for me because I tend to have more fields than can be displayed all at once horizontally. There are a lot of things that can be manipulated via tweaking the preferences, but apparently not the thing I created this topic for.