Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-14-2017, 11:04 PM   #31
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by webjunk View Post
Not a merlot case left in Europe.
I would have liked the Merlot case myself but that Water resistance is more useful to me. I just wish the Fabric cases came in the same colours, i ordered the Black

I'll get a third party case as soon as I see one by Moko or Fintie.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:14 AM   #32
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
Will be in Thailand most of November. Anyone know if they are usually available there?

-----
Sent from my very smart phone.
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2017, 02:33 AM   #33
nicolasmart
Sometimes active.
nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT2, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitingforatrain View Post
Will be in Thailand most of November. Anyone know if they are usually available there?

-----
"Nice" advertisement replacement. I just don't believe that the Pixel XL is "very smart", compared to much newer devices with Machine-Learning cores. Like the iPhone X or the Pixel 2, for example.

The iPhone X has AI features built in parts of the system like the camera, Face ID and others.

So, think again before making another "clever" footer, which BTW, isn't even your signature on the site. It's just Tapatalk adding text to the bottom of your post.

I will stop making a fuss about it. You already know what I mean.
nicolasmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:58 AM   #34
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I would have liked the Merlot case myself but that Water resistance is more useful to me. I just wish the Fabric cases came in the same colours, i ordered the Black

I'll get a third party case as soon as I see one by Moko or Fintie.
I ordered the merlot leather case as I love the colour. The stand-up feature was probably decisive for me in getting the leather cover, while it is still a book-style cover as well (unlike the original Voyage stand-up cover). Over time I expect I will be looking at third party covers as well; as I have done with previous Kindles. Waterproofing is not a key feature for me and I was less keen on the looks of the fabric cover anyway, though I am sure it is also a high quality product.
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 04:37 AM   #35
sompisarn
sompisarn began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
I ordered from Amazon Global on October 12.
Scheduled to arrive in Bangkok December 4 to 15.
sompisarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2017, 08:44 AM   #36
imabuddha
Electron Choreographer
imabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverimabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverimabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverimabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverimabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverimabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverimabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverimabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverimabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverimabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverimabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, PW2, Kobo Glo, Nook SimpleTouch, iPad, iPhone…
Ordered an 8GB wifi from Amazon Japan just now & it shows delivery on Oct. 31st. Looks like the 32GB versions are backordered until mid Nov. here.

I decided to get the 8GB because my 4GB PW2 is only half full. 32GB is a good deal here since it's only ¥3000 (~$27) more, however the Oasis 2 is ~$54 more expensive here than in the USA. I'm not too upset about that since Amazon sold the PW2 so cheaply here when it debuted (<$100) because they were still competing with Kobo at that time.

My PW2 has served me well these last 4 years, but it's time for an upgrade.

Last edited by imabuddha; 10-15-2017 at 08:48 AM.
imabuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:01 AM   #37
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sompisarn View Post
I ordered from Amazon Global on October 12.
Scheduled to arrive in Bangkok December 4 to 15.
Heavens - that's a long delivery time! Are you sure it's December, and not November?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:21 AM   #38
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Just be extra careful until you get the cover. When I got my H2O, I was extra careful and it never left the house until I got a cover.
But, but... you were saying at great length that the original Oasis was too expensive, even though it was the same price as a Voyage bought with a cover.

Were you actually saying that the *covers* were too expensive? (Surely not true of one with a battery in it.)
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:28 AM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
But, but... you were saying at great length that the original Oasis was too expensive, even though it was the same price as a Voyage bought with a cover.

Were you actually saying that the *covers* were too expensive? (Surely not true of one with a battery in it.)
I was saying the the design of the original Oasis is a disaster.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:47 AM   #40
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Jon - I'd appreciate it if you'd take the chit-chat elsewhere, and leave this thread to being a discussion of delivery dates. This thread is not about your (entirely irrelevant) opinion of the Oasis, but for people who have ordered one to tell us when it's due to arrive.

Thanks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 01:32 PM   #41
MadGuy
MadGuy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
It'll be great if someone show me picture comparing 6"kindle Paperwhite with 7" oasis for Manga Panel view. I wanna know how much Difference 7" will make

Last edited by MadGuy; 10-15-2017 at 01:34 PM.
MadGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:07 PM   #42
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Ordered the 8GB, wifi only, without special offers plus Merlot case with a delivery date of 10/31.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:03 PM   #43
Pippinsky
Pippinsky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I had to go all out and get the cellular and wifi one to have it delivered before a vacation...10/31
Pippinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #44
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasmart View Post
"Nice" advertisement replacement. I just don't believe that the Pixel XL is "very smart", compared to much newer devices with Machine-Learning cores. Like the iPhone X or the Pixel 2, for example.

The iPhone X has AI features built in parts of the system like the camera, Face ID and others.

So, think again before making another "clever" footer, which BTW, isn't even your signature on the site. It's just Tapatalk adding text to the bottom of your post.

I will stop making a fuss about it. You already know what I mean.
It is smarter than I am a lot of the time. I can't complain though because it was free.

-----
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:39 PM   #45
rguion
Zealot
rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I just succumbed to temptation and made an order as well. 32 GB model will arrive here on October 31st with the Merlot standing case.
rguion is offline   Reply With Quote