Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-06-2017, 07:36 AM   #121
Amiga56
Amiga56 began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet
Thank you for your suggestion, but I only want to change the name of the title when there is a serie
Amiga56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:51 AM   #122
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
That's easy to do--you can conditionally include series only when it's populated.

Here's a copy of what I use:
Code:
{series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2017, 08:06 AM   #123
Amiga56

Thanks for your help

I want to change the Title in the calibre screen, not the name of the file

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...m1FUWUzOU9OREU
Old 02-06-2017, 12:39 PM   #124
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiga56 View Post
Thanks for your help

I want to change the Title in the calibre screen, not the name of the file

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...m1FUWUzOU9OREU
@Amiga56 - for some reason Google won't let me see that image.

Use the the MR attachment feature, see ==>> Attachments and Images

To do what you want, you'll probably need to use a composite (column built from other columns) custom column. But that won't change the library folder and file names, see ==>> Want to change folder structure or file names in the Calibre library?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:14 AM   #125
Amiga56

Hello

This is the file
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-02-06 14_00_11-calibre - __ Bibliotheque calibre __.png
Views:	390
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	154866  
Advert
Old 02-09-2017, 11:02 AM   #126
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hello

This is the file
And here's a capture of my Series Title column that does exactly what you want without changing the title field. Instead, you create custom composite column that displays both. Then hide Title and show Series Title instead. Note Series only appears if there is one.

Name:	Column.PNG
Views:	432
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	154867

I doubt you're going to get anyone to change this plugin for you because custom composite columns and metadata plugboards are widely considered better ways to do what you're asking for.

Here are copies of my custom column and plugboard settings. (The plugboard includes other additional custom columns.)

Name:	Column Setup.PNG
Views:	436
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	154868

Name:	Plugboard.PNG
Views:	386
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	154869

Last edited by JimmXinu; 02-09-2017 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Change column image to show non-series titles, too.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:23 AM   #127
Amiga56

Hello

Thanks for your help

I try your plugboard settings but nothing work
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2017-02-10 08_22_17-calibre - Préférences - Ajouter vos propres colonnes.png
Views:	355
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	154894   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-02-10 08_22_43-calibre - Préférences - Tableaux de connexion des métadonnées.png
Views:	316
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	154895   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-02-10 08_23_35-calibre - __ Bibliotheque calibre __.png
Views:	325
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	154896  
Old 02-10-2017, 05:04 AM   #128
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hello

Thanks for your help

I try your plugboard settings but nothing work
@Amiga56 - your Column Type (Type de collonne) is wrong, you need "Colonne construite à partir d’autres colonnes" then enter the same template, exactly, as in JX's images.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:36 AM   #129
Amiga56

Thanks, it work now

I try to adapt if for the presentation : ["name of the serie"-"Number"] titre
Old 10-31-2017, 02:54 PM   #130
mariaclaudia
Zealot
mariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of light

Interesting plug-in, however, I don't know if I does something wrong.
I install it, restart Calibre, then, I select some books, clic the plug-in icon, and create a new serie and accept. Then, the selected books was added to the new serie. All right for now.

Then, I select the same books, and clic the "delete this books from the serie", accept, but nothing happend, because the books are still vinculated to the serie I created before. I try a couple of time, but nothing. So, I manually delete the serie from Calibre.

Maybe I do something wrong.

Thanks for your time
Best regards from Lima, Perú
Blessings
mariaclaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 03:22 PM   #131
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaclaudia View Post
I install it, restart Calibre, then, I select some books, clic the plug-in icon, and create a new serie and accept. Then, the selected books was added to the new serie. All right for now.

Then, I select the same books, and clic the "delete this books from the serie", accept, but nothing happend, because the books are still vinculated to the serie I created before. I try a couple of time, but nothing. So, I manually delete the serie from Calibre.
I can confirm that is the behavior you get. However, looking at the code, that's also the behavior that was intended--books removed from the Series list are not changed.

A bit of searching found that, way back when, kiwidude said that's the way he intended it to work:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
You are correct that this plugin is not designed to remove series values - it is for adding/renaming series, not removing items from a series. That is intentional given it is just as easy to blank the series cell in the library view (or use the bulk edit dialog). I would have thought that removing a series from a book would be one of the least used functions. So I don't see anything changing in that regard.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:21 PM   #132
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaclaudia View Post

Maybe I do something wrong.

Thanks for your time
Best regards from Lima, Perú
Blessings
Delete, means remove from current list
select the books in the regular GUI (spreadsheet), tap 'e', and TICK the Clear series box
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:51 AM   #133
mariaclaudia
Zealot
mariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks both for your answers, now I have it clear
mariaclaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:35 PM   #134
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version

As you may have heard, Calibre on Python3 betas are now available.

Which means plugins need to start being transitioned to Python3 also.

Attached is a (hopefully) Python3 compatible update to this plugin.

2019-12-20

- Changes for Python3.

Please let me know if this version works for you or not, especially on the Py3 beta.

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-15-2020 at 03:52 PM. Reason: beta zip moved to first post
Old 06-05-2020, 05:47 PM   #135
pkwalton
pkwalton began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
is there a way to limit or stop calibre from creating a series when there is only 1 book?
pkwalton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manage series