Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 09:33 AM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
I Burn Today (Short Story Opening)

This is the latest work, along with Wabbit Season, which I'm working on.

Available in the short story collection "Small Victories" here: http://www.feedbooks.com/userbook/4439

and as an individual download here: http://www.feedbooks.com/userbook/5918

Last edited by Moejoe; 08-20-2009 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Took out revelatory description. Added cover image. Feedbooks link
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It's a good start. Seems like the sort of story I like best, a scifi mystery. There are hints of what is happening, but no overt revelations. That will keep the reader interested if the reason for his arrest is withheld until the end. Take out your post comment to remove the hint, and we will be groveling for more.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:59 AM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I agree: this is a very effective opening.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:59 AM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

[CENTER]****UPDATED**** -- Removed.

Last edited by Moejoe; 03-20-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:48 AM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I loved it! It was a story that drew me in and made me forget that I read the whole thing on my laptop before I could send to my reader.

I especially love the below quoted section.
Quote:
For he had lived and loved and he'd seen the
past and the future. And for those glorious
moments, when the world as it was had faded
away to nothing but the steady rain of his fingers
upon the shimmering waters of a tablet,
he had truly known what it was to be alive.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:50 AM   #6
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I loved it! It was a story that drew me in and made me forget that I read the whole thing on my laptop before I could send to my reader.

I especially love the below quoted section.
Thankyou very much, Dreams I don't know whether to blush, or buy you some virtual chocolates

Will you settle for some Karma?
Old 03-15-2009, 04:59 AM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Thankyou very much, Dreams I don't know whether to blush, or buy you some virtual chocolates

Will you settle for some Karma?
You're welcome.. Virtual chocolate is probably better at 2 AM but love the Karma... I just posted in the correct place and you must have been reading this before I could move it....
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote