Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-07-2017, 06:21 AM   #46
mmurray
mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's very easy to make a "virtual journey" to buy a book in a different market. Kobo is perhaps the easiest.
Yes good point. I should look into that again. I've got away with a proxy server outside Australia in the past.

It seems strange though that I can get some but not others in such a random pattern

Everything before this fine then:

Gently to a Sleep (1978) OK
The Honfleur Decision (1980) [Gently Under Fire] Nope
Gabrielle’s Way (1981) [Gently Heartbroken] OK
Fields of Heather (1981) [Gently in the Past] Nope
Gently Between Tides (1982) ) OK
Amorous Leander (1983) [Gently with Passion] Nope
mmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:24 AM   #47
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, it's annoying when that happens. I've had the same issue myself with other series. At one point, for example, seemingly random books in Elizabeth Peters' "Amelia Peabody" series weren't available in the UK (although all now are).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:31 AM   #48
mmurray
mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmurray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I can buy this on the US Amazon site. I've been getting them from Overdrive.
Thanks. Can you see Gently Under Fire on the US site ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gently-Unde.../dp/B01CRASEPI

Thanks - Michael
Old 06-07-2017, 06:49 AM   #49
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I just checked Amazon US and it shows 0 reults.

Sorry Harry, I misunderstood what mmurray was asking.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:21 AM   #50
mmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I just checked Amazon US and it shows 0 reults.
Apache
Thanks Apache. So that one seems to be missing for anyone in the US but available in the UK.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:23 AM   #51
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmurray View Post
Thanks Apache. So that one seems to be missing for anyone in the US but available in the UK.
That probably does indicate that a different publisher holds the non-UK rights.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:35 AM   #52
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Gently Under Fire is not shown on Fantastic Fiction. What number book is it? Obviously that's not the original title and I cannot find it in any reading order lists.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:42 AM   #53
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Gently Under Fire is not shown on Fantastic Fiction. What number book is it? Obviously that's not the original title and I cannot find it in any reading order lists.
As I noted in post #33 above, it's the 26th book in the series, originally published as "The Honfleur Decision".
Old 06-07-2017, 07:44 AM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
As I noted in post #33 above, it's the 26th book in the series, originally published as "The Honfleur Decision".
This name changing is rather annoying.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:46 AM   #55
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
This name changing is rather annoying.
Only for people who knew the books under their original titles, which I suspect is rather few these days. Alan Hunter isn't a very well-known author today.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:47 AM   #56
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Only for people who knew the books under their original titles, which I suspect is rather few these days. Alan Hunter isn't a very well-known author today.
But if you look up the reading order, not all the book in all the lists have had the name changed. So then you don't know the new name or you need the old name and you don't get that. It's just annoying.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:49 AM   #57
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
But if you look up the reading order, not all the book in all the lists have had the name changed. So then you don't know the new name or you need the old name and you don't get that. It's just annoying.
Fair point.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:32 PM   #58
Skipjack65
Skipjack65 began at the beginning.

Device: iBooks-ipad3
Thank you, I will try to hunt that down
Skipjack65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:22 AM   #59
mmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmurray View Post
Yes good point. I should look into that again. I've got away with a proxy server outside Australia in the past.

It seems strange though that I can get some but not others in such a random pattern

Everything before this fine then:

Gently to a Sleep (1978) OK
The Honfleur Decision (1980) [Gently Under Fire] Nope
Gabrielle’s Way (1981) [Gently Heartbroken] OK
Fields of Heather (1981) [Gently in the Past] Nope
Gently Between Tides (1982) ) OK
Amorous Leander (1983) [Gently with Passion] Nope

Those three seem to be available to me now (Australian credit card address) on the US website now. I don't know when this happened as I check sporadically by publication date and go away if I don't see a recent publication date. But these seem to show with whatever date they were published as an ebook probably on the UK site last years which interleaves them with others I've bought.

So I think we have these to go ???

The Unhung Man (1984)
Once a Prostitute (1984)
The Chelsea Ghost (1985)
Goodnight, Sweet Prince (1986)
Strangling Man (1987)
Traitor's End (1988)
Gently with the Millions (1989)
Gently Scandalous (1990)
Gently to a Kill (1991)
Gently Tragic (1992)
Gently in the Glens (1993)
Bomber’s Moon (1994)
Jackpot! (1995)
The Love of Gods (1997)
Over Here (1998)
Gently Mistaken (1999)

Last edited by mmurray; 10-29-2017 at 02:24 AM. Reason: I can't spell
Old 10-29-2017, 10:16 AM   #60
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I do hope we get the remaining books at some point. It's been more than a year since the last release, which is a touch concerning.