Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-15-2017, 06:07 AM   #1
HappyChris
Enthusiast
HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nexus 10 (2 of them), Nexus 5, iPhone, iPad, Kindle, iMac
Rooted, but can't connect (much). And will I find anything usable if can?

I have rooted my NSTG with Nook manager and,
  • while I can launch the provided browser and open Dropbox.com, I can open very few other sites, getting either a perpetual circling dots icon or a Certificate error. The certificates are all in date and kosher-looking.

Do I need to dig into the System files and edit something?
  • F-droid.org opens but fails to complete loading with message that there is insufficient space although Relaunch says there are hundreds of MBs left.

Maybe that's only on the external SD card?
  • Amazon Appstore also starts to load but I'm left with a spinning circle... I need to get some apps!

Can any apps be found that will run usefully on this old OS?

I'll be really grateful if any folk can answer any of the above.
HappyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:54 PM   #2
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
See https://forum.xda-developers.com/noo...-stop-t3205615, and https://forum.xda-developers.com/noo...oid-2-t3625175.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
apps, nookmanager, rooting