Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-31-2011, 05:59 AM   #1
iridius
Connoisseur
iridius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone (to get Dell Streak & iPad)
Display Large Font Title in the Details Pane

I would love to be able to display the title in large font in the Details Pane, I can't really see the highlighted title too well and this would be great is it possible? If not, how can I add the title at all to the details pane, because when I click on the Info button in custom columns (like I did to add the ISBN) i get a dialog that says, this is not a user defined column.
iridius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:19 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I requested the display of title and authors in the book detail panel a long time ago but Kovid rejected it due to not wanting to take up too much space.

Since then it is now possible to do it another way, though not as convenient (nor can you control ordering). You can add a custom column built from other columns, set the formula to be {title}, and it should display in the book details pane. You can control which custom columns appear over there from within Preferences->Tweaks
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2011, 03:53 AM   #3
iridius
Connoisseur

Thanks I do get the Title there now, though, it's rather small. Is there anyway to increase the font size?

I tried _Title to see if that would put it at the top of the list, and I also moved it to the top of the column list, neither worked. It's a shame that Kovid doesn't make a toggle on-off option for a large title & author display like this, I know that plus the cover image would make it much enjoyable to browse my collection.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:07 AM   #4
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can increase the font size of the application as a whole, but not AFAIK for the book details pane specifically. I did warn you above that it is currently not possible to control the order of columns displayed there.

As for feature requests for changes, the proper approach to request those is via the Calibre bug tracker.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre

That you are asking for font size control is slightly different to my previous request so perhaps you may have more success in convincing Kovid.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
iridius
Connoisseur

Thanks for the input and direction.
Advert
Old 04-08-2011, 01:02 AM   #6
iridius
Connoisseur

Hey kiwidude... I tried the same technique in order to show the Published Date. It didn't work, I added {published} does that sound right?

"You can control which custom columns appear over there from within Preferences->Tweaks" Mine has the following listed:

# Set custom metadata fields that the book details panel will or will not display.

book_details_will_display = ['*']

book_details_wont_display = []

which if I understand should show all my custom fields, so theoretically my publishedyear custom column that I built from {published} should do the trick no?
Old 04-08-2011, 02:56 AM   #7
kiwidude

I believe the name for the column you are after is {pubdate} not {published}