Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #1
JBlyth
Connoisseur
JBlyth doesn't litterJBlyth doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Kobo Touch, Ipaq 214, HTC WildFire Android
Koko EPUB Font and Format fixing method

Like many, I have been frustrated by the current Font Size issue with EPUB books, and I find the "Standard" Kobo book format is not to my liking either, as there is too much wasted space in the margins. So this is what I do to get the ebook to format to match my desires....
  1. Remove the DRM if required
  2. Import the file into Calibre
  3. Ensure that the Calibre convert settings include "Justify" (about half way down the page on the right)
  4. Convert the ebook (this ensures that a .css file is actually in the structure as Adobe Digital editions doesn't seem to have a .css file)
  5. Remove the Style.css file one way or another (I found the single KoboEpubFixer program didn't actually remove the CSS file when that option was ticked, but the Bulk one does - just make sure you don't re-process previous files)
  6. RE-CONVERT the ebook once more (this is important as it creates a NEW .css file without font size, but maintains the justification for you)

It might seem like a long way around the problem, but I like the final format generated, as I think it is much easier to read than the standard Kobo format.

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Westen Australia
JBlyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #2
thekidintheclock
thekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo
i'll have to add the justification option to the fixer tool. seems like there's a lot of talk about that - and using the liberation fonts to get foreign languages working.
thekidintheclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
artificial
Groupie
artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidintheclock View Post
i'll have to add the justification option to the fixer tool. seems like there's a lot of talk about that
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #4
JBlyth
Connoisseur
JBlyth doesn't litterJBlyth doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Kobo Touch, Ipaq 214, HTC WildFire Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidintheclock View Post
i'll have to add the justification option to the fixer tool. seems like there's a lot of talk about that - and using the liberation fonts to get foreign languages working.
Have you had other reports that the single KoboEpubFixer doesn't remove the style CSS files, but the bulk one does? It would be nice if the single one could be "fixed". I'm using Win 7 64 bit....

Cheers
John
JBlyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:02 AM   #5
bob5146
Enthusiast
bob5146 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hi John. Iam new to all thia high Tech stuff, Can you help me out on this KOBO I have just bought?You can getmy problems by going to the forums Under DOWNLOAD, regards Bob-Anne Perth
bob5146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert