Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #46
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I normally only buy open box stuff from B&M stores, that way I can see what I'm getting before dropping my plastic.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:16 AM   #47
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
the laptop Ive been using for the last 6 months is from newegg open box, cost me $555, new it would have cost $800
I've also recommended other people buy open box laptops, and they were all extremely happy with their purchase, GO asus and msi, they seem to make some sturdy laptops.
I bought a jetbook open box on newegg. will be here on Tuesday. I expect it to be near perfect.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2009, 04:19 AM   #48
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Doesn't work out send it back I guess.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #49
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
Doesn't work out send it back I guess.
Yup, but shipping rates to the Sandwich Isles can get a little exhorbadent. (sorry for the spelling, it's not in my dictionary)
Old 09-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #50
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

exorbitant

where is the Sandwich Isles? Is it nice? whats the weather like?
Advert
Old 09-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #51
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
exorbitant

I found this map:

and print version:
http://www.raremaps.com/gallery/enlarge/18914

Last edited by Kris777; 09-26-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:34 PM   #52
wodin
Illiterate

Quote:
exorbitant

Captain James Cook discovered (actually the seafaring Polynesians discovered them about a millennium ago, but you know those Brits) these islands and named them after the Earl of Sandwich a couple of centuries ago, they have since been renamed to Hawaii or The Hawaiian Islands in keeping with the name the original discoverers used.

I call my home the Sandwich Isles for purposes of stimulating conversation. Works quite well, don't you think?
Old 09-26-2009, 06:42 PM   #53
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Captain James Cook discovered (actually the seafaring Polynesians discovered them about a millennium ago, but you know those Brits) these islands and named them after the Earl of Sandwich a couple of centuries ago, they have since been renamed to Hawaii or The Hawaiian Islands in keeping with the name the original discoverers used.

I call my home the Sandwich Isles for purposes of stimulating conversation. Works quite well, don't you think?
This old map has the name Sandwich Isles too.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #54
Andybaby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I guess it does, kinda like New Amsterdam for New York, but I've never heard a single person call it that.

learn something every day,

Hawaii is on my list of travel destinations if/when I can ever do so, most of my travel destinations are tropical islands and areas around the Mediterranean Sea
Old 09-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #55
wodin
Illiterate

Quote:
Hawaii is on my list of travel destinations if/when I can ever do so, most of my travel destinations are tropical islands and areas around the Mediterranean Sea
Meet up!!
Old 09-27-2009, 02:58 AM   #56
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Being the Earl of Sandwich must of been the best gig ever.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #57
nakkita
nakkita began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrahaml View Post
The problem with the jetBook display, IMO, is that the brightness varies greatly based on the angle of incidence of the light source. If the light source is off axis, the brightness of the screen drops disproportionately fast. Viewing angle is fine if the light source remains on axis. E-ink does not have this issue.
I agree with you,abrahaml. I used the jetbook for 3 days, and found the fonts shaking ,when it expose directly in the sunshine. But somehow readable.
nakkita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:39 AM   #58
mcysr
mcysr is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Hmmm, that doesn't sound right.

I have four of them and none appear to have 'shaking fonts' in direct sunlight. They actually work very well in direct sun. Was very happy with it for two weeks at the beach.

Could there have been other factors involved? I am over 50, so maybe I don't notice things younger people might see, but my kids also don't notice any.

matthew
mcysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:56 AM   #59
Kris777
Banned

I have 2 jetBooks and I don't have 'shaking fonts' too..
Old 10-31-2009, 08:25 AM   #60
nakkita
nakkita began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505silver
Some people in the chinese forum also have the "shaking fonts" problem like me, but not every one does.You can see here and here

I'm sorry if I didn't describe the problem properly, since english is not my mother languge.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=38245&page=2
Quote:
Originally Posted by loc_141 View Post
I was reading under the sun where the temperature was 32C/90F and the letters started to dance around too, but when I moved to a cooler spot they stopped. It must be the heat, and the black color of my reader, which is a pity because I like to read outdoor under the sun a lot, the screen looks just so nice and the contrast is much higher under natural sun light.
Maybe 'dancing letters' would be better to describe it in a proper way.

Last edited by nakkita; 11-02-2009 at 12:14 PM.
nakkita is offline   Reply With Quote