Old 09-21-2017, 02:33 PM   #1
ant_gamal
ant_gamal began at the beginning.

Device: none
ipad pro 9.7 vs ipad pro 10.5 for reading

there is a gab between ipad pro 9.7 and ipad pro 10.5 in the screen feature
like refresh screen 120Hz and ProMotion

and the processor and many

i need it for pdf reading and editing and annotation make notes also other things like listening music when i read also web surfing and some gaming

i will use it in many difference environment sunlight - bedtime

i also planning not upgrade it for long time

so go for the cheap solution 9.7 or 10.5

i must buy cellular version as wifi place little around me when i travel or outside my home inside my country
ant_gamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:48 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you can afford it, definitely get the 10.5". The difference between 9.7" and 10.5" doesn't sound like a lot, but it makes a significant difference for PDFs, as does the faster CPU. If you plan to annotate your documents, the Pro supports the Apple Pencil, which is excellent.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2017, 04:59 PM   #3
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
The 10.5's Truetone feature is killer for reading. It really does make the screen seem more paperlike.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:29 PM   #4
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
The ipad pro 9.7 has the Truetone feature also. It truly makes the reading that much more pleasant.
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:44 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
The ipad pro 9.7 has the Truetone feature also. It truly makes the reading that much more pleasant.
I don't think the 9.7" iPad Pro is sold any longer, is it? The 9.7" model that's still available is a "basic" model.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2017, 12:33 PM   #6
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't think the 9.7" iPad Pro is sold any longer, is it? The 9.7" model that's still available is a "basic" model.
Apple refurb store has some 9.7 Pros, all 32GB.

I'm holding out for the 10.5, this is one year I'll be all over the Black Friday ads hoping for a deal!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:06 AM   #7
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_gamal View Post
i need it for pdf reading and editing and annotation make notes
9.7" and 10.5" wouldn't make a lot of difference as far as PDF goes. If you want a full experience with PDF reading, get the 12.9" instead. The 12.9" is about the same size as an 8.5x11 document (letter size) which makes it ideal for reading a PDF document. With 12.9", I could read the whole page comfortably without zooming or panning, not so with the 9.7". It is also pretty light and thin for its size.

Last edited by Julius Caesar; 09-25-2017 at 09:04 AM.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:27 PM   #8
ant_gamal
ant_gamal began at the beginning.

Device: none
i will think of 12.9 but i think 10.5 will be good

any news for next generation ipad

as i also want VR game experience

i try PS4 and pc and like it

the main point i will get ipad pro pdf reading as i am android windows user

so wait next year or go on this black friday or cyber monday

plz if anyone got any offer on black friday feed me back
ant_gamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 05:01 AM   #9
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Blinq.com has a bunch of iPad pros......
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:53 AM   #10
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
The Apple store is advertising 4 current iPad models:

iPad Pro 12.9"
iPad Pro 10.5"
iPad-2017 9.7"
iPad Mini-4 7.9"

Both Pro's have the fast A10X chip; the iPad-2017 has an A9; the Mini-4 has an A8. IMHO, chip speed matters with 3D games, not when reading a book.

Older models can still be found in bricks-and-mortar or online stores. Could be a very interesting Black Friday and Cyber Monday!
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote