Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
Bobosmite
Enthusiast
Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle-DX
Conversion turns chapter heading BOLD

Converting from .RTF to .MOBI works great, but my chapter headings are now in BOLD. Other docs with the same font size and conversion setting do not do this. I don't see any differences that would cause this to happen.
Bobosmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
In HTML Heading (h#) tags are usually larger and Bold.
You can use styles to override all of those defaults.

Obviously, this book either uses a simple default, or the Chapter headings were auto-detected (which uses defaults)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
Bobosmite
Enthusiast
Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm having problem with the syntax for detecting a chapter heading for a custom style instead of H1. I'm want it to detect Style1 and add it to the Table of Contents. I tried it a few different ways, sometimes it gave me a syntax error and sometimes it converted. None of the .MOBI files it created had a TOC.

Last edited by Bobosmite; 03-04-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
Bobosmite
Enthusiast

Also, I noticed that when I use Heading 1 and then manually lower the font size in the font window, it stops converting it as bold text. Are there font sizes that might cause a problem?
Old 03-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobosmite View Post
Also, I noticed that when I use Heading 1 and then manually lower the font size in the font window, it stops converting it as bold text. Are there font sizes that might cause a problem?
It is probably still bold, just your rendering software gives up after so much change.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #6
Bobosmite
Enthusiast

I used Word to strip off all the styles and heading information and still keep the bold and italics intact...which is something I didn't know it would do. I've always done the paste-from-Notepad trick to clean a doc, which is usually as a last resort. Now I should be able to add fresh Headings to the documents which I know convert to .MOBI properly.