Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
Mithradyr
Enthusiast
Mithradyr doesn't litterMithradyr doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch
BookLover award

I was just looking through the awards that I've accumulated on my kobo touch when I noticed that i haven't yet received the booklover award even though I've signed in and out of my account several times. Is there anything I'm missing?
Mithradyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #2
m_bisson
Groupie
m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.

Device: kobo touch :)
You don't truly love books... the kobo knows all....
m_bisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

You're logging into your account to get the award and love is selfless... Kobo isn't fooled that easily.
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
Mithradyr
Enthusiast

lol I blame them for tempting me with awards in the first place :P. Anyway, I still can't seem to get it to work. It says right under the account settings on my kobo touch that I'm signed in. Anyone else having this issue? Not a big deal, but I'd like to get it figured out.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I don't have it either--and I have read every night, often during the day, and have completed +10 books. What can I say--it has gone missing. In case you think I do nothing but read, some of this reading was done before the Touch, on a Kobo app for Android.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #6
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
some of them do seem a bit buggy.. dictionary seems to be stuck at 90% for me. I tried to and booklover award didn't unlock when I wirelessly logged into the store and picked up a book...meh. I still want expanded stats more than anything
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:10 PM   #7
Mithradyr
Enthusiast

Good to know that I'm not the only one with the issue . We'll just have to wait til kobo fixes it up a bit. I agree with the expanded stats bit; that would be great.
Thanks for the replies
Old 07-18-2011, 11:19 PM   #8
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Same problem here. I suspect the BookLover award is triggered by the initial sign in if done on the device itself. Since the recommended procedure was to set up your KT via the desktop app from kobosetup.com it's not being triggered.
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:52 PM   #9
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
it's been confirmed by kobo that there is a bug with booklovers and it's being looked into for a future update.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #10
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
it's been confirmed by kobo that there is a bug with booklovers and it's being looked into for a future update.
Thanks.

And on another note, anyone else having trouble with/not getting the I <3 My Library award? I've added several new books (purchased from Kobo) since purchasing the touch, and I have yet to "win" this award.

What's the secret?
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:20 AM   #11
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
What's the secret?
I don't know what the secret is but I got the award after doing a factory reset and then downloading my Kobo books via Wi-Fi.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:26 AM   #12
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
I don't know what the secret is but I got the award after doing a factory reset and then downloading my Kobo books via Wi-Fi.
Same here - but sadly all my other awards are now missing. Looks like I'll just need to do a whole lot more reading.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:27 PM   #13
feedbakbwr
Redwood Original
feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
I have also noticed that some are a bit buggy, but not a big deal. I just wish the reading stats did not reset with a device reset. Was hoping it kept all that online.
feedbakbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:40 PM   #14
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Heee, even though I actually bought some ereaders, I'm still a dinosaur. No cell phone, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, laptop, nor any of that other newfangled stuff.

So I doubt I'll be doing the WiFi thing.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #15
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
I have only the Kobo Android app, and I got "I <3 My Library" simply from downloading books in the app, and still have it. So if there is a bug it is most likely limited to the Touch.

(Which makes sense. Newer product = More bug potential.)
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote