Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-16-2018, 09:11 PM   #31666
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I still hate my job.

I want to go work somewhere that I can actually walk out the door at my scheduled time at least two or three times a week. That is not too much to ask. Oh, and a job where I can actually take some of the vacation time I get and not come back to a huge mess it takes me weeks to catch up on.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:29 PM   #31667
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
I still hate my job.

I want to go work somewhere that I can actually walk out the door at my scheduled time at least two or three times a week. That is not too much to ask. Oh, and a job where I can actually take some of the vacation time I get and not come back to a huge mess it takes me weeks to catch up on.
You just described hubby's job.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2018, 10:12 PM   #31668
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
I still hate my job.

Wait--there are jobs like that?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:04 AM   #31669
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know if there are jobs like that. I used to say I wanted to go work at the dollar store just so I could keep asking for price checks.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:42 AM   #31670
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
I still hate my job.

Do you work at my company too?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2018, 10:55 AM   #31671
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Or mine
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:20 PM   #31672
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer

The suckage continues. I finally left only 1/2 hour late today. Yesterday was an hour late.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:41 AM   #31673
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
I don't know if there are jobs like that. I used to say I wanted to go work at the dollar store just so I could keep asking for price checks.
Knock yourself out!

cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:42 AM   #31674
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Strong winds have stopped me going to work today. I gave up trying after the third tree across the roads.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:22 AM   #31675
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Why are US TV Broadcasters so idiotically stupid?

I want to watch the Olympics (sorta in general, this time I don't have a specific event or person I'm following.) In the US, NBC has the broadcast rights.

Yes, they broadcast over the air for free - but then you're limited to their choice of what events or people to show. Want to see all the competitors from elsewhere in the world? They stream everything, but you MUST log in with a cable provider login.
I don't have cable. I've never had cable. In the place I want to watch, Cable isn't an option without a couple million dollars of fiber to string along a few miles of roads. Satellite TV isn't really an option without cutting down a bunch of trees to give a view of the damn satellite. I DO get DSL (for really slow values of DSL) over the phone lines.

BUT I CANT BUY ACCESS TO NBC over the DSL. They won't sell it EXCEPT as part of their damn cable package.

I have a Roku stick, but still, access to NBC sports stuff still requires a cable login. SlingTV only gives access to The Olympics channel, which as far as I can tell, is again a live stream (with no going back to watch anything they didn't choose to broadcast.)

Why can't they actually provide a service I can buy? I'd be willing to pay a fee for access to everything online - might even be willing to pay a whole month's cable equivalent bill for the summer games, but I'm not really as interested in the winter games.

Every time olympics roll around, I keep having this stupid rant. Why won't they sell something lots of people want?

Grrr.
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:17 PM   #31676
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer

The Olympic Channel shows bunches of stuff over and over again. At least right now. Last Olympics, NBC had an Olympics app that I think you could watch stuff on.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:46 AM   #31677
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Since I arrived at my cottage on Monday I occasionally heard some rustling in between/on the ceiling. It didn't surprise me, since we're in the middle of the forest, with all its critters. It didn't bother me until last night and the mice (I presume they are) made a racket and I only managed to sleep a couple of hours.

So this morning I reported it at the front desk. They promised me that today someone would come by to place "boxes", which should help. I told them I would be out for a couple of hours and gave permission for the maintenance person to enter the cottage when I was gone. When I got back there was a note telling me that they had come by and had done what needed to be done. It also seems that they fixed the front door lock, which wasn't really broken but needed a bit more force than normally to open it.

I haven't heard a rustle yet, though I usually heard the mice later in the evening. So we'll see. Just in case, when I was in the nearby town I also bought a pair of earplugs, I needed a new pair anyway.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:38 PM   #31678
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Rumpleteazer, an app with pleasant sounds (like ocean waves or fan or river) drown out most if not all those unfamiliar sounds that keep you awake.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:33 PM   #31679
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Rumpleteazer, an app with pleasant sounds (like ocean waves or fan or river) drown out most if not all those unfamiliar sounds that keep you awake.
Unfortunately it isn't an unfamiliar sound. Living in the city center, in between 3 restaurants and a café in old buildings that are all interconnected.

But thank you for the suggestion. I'll see if I can find such an app for my iPod and see if that works.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:43 PM   #31680
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
At home we normally have a fan running to drown out the little creaks and stuff. When traveling it isn't practical to bring a fan so we run a white noise app to do a similar function.

The app we use is actually called "White Noise" for this, it is available for both Android and iOS. I have the full version, which is only $1 in the US, to get more options and get rid of the ads but unless they have changed it the lite version was a decent starting point.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness