Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 08:48 AM   #181
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco66 View Post
Ah, I found it. It is in the market version, only.

I know how to enable and disable it, but nothing happens. Every book is still using it's own css. Was there a cange in the css format or the way to store it?

I am back on 3.0.40-6. This version is working for me.

Regards
Rocco66
I have been using the SourceForge CoolReader releases since they become available much sooner than The Market versions. The external CSS seems to be working just fine for me. In fact, I just tried ENABLE DOCUMENT INTERNAL STYLES for an EPUB book, and after restarting CoolReader to try the new configuration, I found that CoolReader was still using my custom external CSS in the /.cr3 directory on the SD card. Right now, I can not seem to get CoolReader to use the CSS built inside the EPUB.
If you are getting your EPUB files from multiple sources then you may have different tag names in the document than the tag names in your custom CSS. For example, Calibre seems to like to add it's own name to a lot of tags. I build my own EPUB files using FB2EPUB, so my style tags are always the same. That way, my custom external CSS always produces the results that I want. I just finished checking all this out using CR3-0-43-11.APK, and my external custom CSS seems to be working just like I want it to with both EPUB and FB2 books.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #182
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Has anyone else noticed that every so often Cool reader will open with a completely black screen for the ebook? I can exit out and browse to open a second book with no problem, but it goes back to a black screen instead of displaying the ebook.

If I close and restart the Cool Reader app a couple of times it will eventually display the ebook again. It has happened on and off with different versions of Cool Reader.

This is on my Pandigital Novel running the latest 1/27/11 firmware.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #183
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
Has anyone else noticed that every so often Cool reader will open with a completely black screen for the ebook? I can exit out and browse to open a second book with no problem, but it goes back to a black screen instead of displaying the ebook.

If I close and restart the Cool Reader app a couple of times it will eventually display the ebook again. It has happened on and off with different versions of Cool Reader.

This is on my Pandigital Novel running the latest 1/27/11 firmware.
Debug log from application would help to identify problem.
Could you send me log collected right after black screen? It can be saved to file using app like Android System Info.
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #184
steven522
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
Could you send me log collected right after black screen? It can be saved to file using app like Android System Info.
I have the Android System Info set to install next time i access the Market. As soon as it happens again, I will let you know.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #185
steven522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
Just sent log to the support email at coolreader.org email address on your site.
Advert
Old 02-09-2011, 02:35 AM   #186
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
Just sent log to the support email at coolreader.org email address on your site.
Thank you! I'll look at it.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:39 AM   #187
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I like the dual column landscape. Comes in very handy, especially for night time reading in bed. When switching from single column portrait to dual-column landscape I usually also have to scale down the font size. A very minor annnoyance.

If I may be bold enough to suggest a new feature: would it be possible to keep *separate* font size settings for single column and dual-column modes?

Just a thought.
Thanks for a very useful tool, Mr Buggins, sir.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:15 AM   #188
superkevx
superkevx began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
does anyone have any details on cover art showing up in the file browser? i had books that showed up in my nook color stock but they dont show up in cool reader. these books were sideloaded from calibre.
superkevx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:25 AM   #189
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkevx View Post
does anyone have any details on cover art showing up in the file browser?
CoolReader does not waste time scanning your entire collection like some readers do, just so the cover image can be extracted from the book file. Once the book has been opened one time the cover image thumbnail will always be in the file browser. For me that is a big plus, since I always hated Aldiko's unbearably long import time in searching just one folder. CoolReader makes books available in as many folders as you have books in, so pre-scanning for cover images could take even longer than Aldiko's already long scan time.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:30 AM   #190
superkevx
superkevx began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
i tried that, there is extra information on books i've opened up like author and % read but no cover
superkevx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:36 AM   #191
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkevx View Post
i tried that, there is extra information on books i've opened up like author and % read but no cover
Ah Ha, I just double checked that myself.

I mostly read FB2 books, so that was the experience I was describing. For one book, I have both an FB2 version and an EPUB version, and it appears that you are correct as far as EPUB is concerned. Perhaps Buggins has not gotten around to extracting cover images from EPUB books yet? FWIW, the cover thumbnails feature works just fine for FB2 books.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #192
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I was looking for the epub thumbnails as well. Didn't understand why they aren't showing. Please make this feature available when feasible. Thank you.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:38 PM   #193
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Perhaps Buggins has not gotten around to extracting cover images from EPUB books yet? FWIW, the cover thumbnails feature works just fine for FB2 books.
EPUB coverpages will be available soon
Old 02-11-2011, 01:54 AM   #194
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
steven- did you do a factory reset/data wipe when you installed your 2011 OP? I had the same issue until I went back and did that and I haven't had any problems since (I had the black screen and several lock-ups before). Perfect now.

Buggins--- cannot thank you enough. This is now far and away my favorite reader. Absolutely love all the options and controls you give us. I always read in night mode. 10 percent brightness was still too much (and 5 was not enough). But I set it at 10 and then changed the text color from white to gray and it is perfect. Definitely my default reader for all my ePubs from now on. Great work.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:27 AM   #195
Rocco66
Rocco66 began at the beginning.

Device: Android: HTC Desire
Quote:
I have been using the SourceForge CoolReader releases since they become available much sooner than The Market versions. The external CSS seems to be working just fine for me. In fact, I just tried ENABLE DOCUMENT INTERNAL STYLES for an EPUB book, and after restarting CoolReader to try the new configuration, I found that CoolReader was still using my custom external CSS in the /.cr3 directory on the SD card. Right now, I can not seem to get CoolReader to use the CSS built inside the EPUB.
I can not get my file recognized and you can not get it ignored. So there is a bug concerning the custom css.

Quote:
If you are getting your EPUB files from multiple sources then you may have different tag names in the document than the tag names in your custom CSS. For example, Calibre seems to like to add it's own name to a lot of tags. build my own EPUB files using FB2EPUB, so my style tags are always the same. That way, my custom external CSS always produces the results that I want.
But my custom css is working for my epup in version 3.0.40-6. So the tag names should be correct.

Regards
Rocco66
Rocco66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader