Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
Charbax
Addict
Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Video: PocketBook IFA 2010 Press Conference (30-minute video)

Here is the full PocketBook press conference with Q&A at the IFA 2010 trade show in Berlin.

At about 14:00 you can see a live demo of the PB 902. It now has a desktop with widgets that you can swap out. At about 17:00 they demo the TTS. Q&A begins at about 27:00.

Source: http://armdevices.net/2010/09/03/poc...ss-conference/

Last edited by Nate the great; 09-07-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Charbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
Charbax
Addict
Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Would a mod post this to the mobileread front page?
Old 09-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
thank you charbax we've been watching it for a day now

thanks for getting the whoel press conference.

will you be going to the Qualcomm IQ event in a couple days?
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:40 AM   #4
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Hey, thanks Charbax! K is on the way.

(And thanks again for letting K-Thom and me use your Mifi-Router/WLAN at the Berlin Meetup last week. )
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #5
Charbax
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
will you be going to the Qualcomm IQ event in a couple days?
I wish I was going to it but they forgot to invite me.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #6
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Crash it we need video
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:08 PM   #7
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
He pathetically (and angrily) refuses to directly answer the first question about the e-ink technology: Pearl or not Pearl? But he swears that you could not tell the difference! Without proving it, of course.
He must have graduated from the Vladimir Putin Conversation School.
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #8
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
Vladimir Putin Conversation School.
Putin has a university degree, a first class secret service training and did under cover assignments. I am sure his conversational skills are flawless and I am also sure that if he refuses to answer a questions it won't be pathetic.

Last edited by krischik; 09-08-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: polish wording.
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #9
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by krischik View Post
Putin has a university degree, a first class secret service training and did under cover assignments. I am sure his conversational skills are flawless and I am also sure that if he refuses to answer a questions it won't be pathetic.
Putin always looks and sounds like a psychotic child to me.
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #10
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbax View Post
I wish I was going to it but they forgot to invite me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Crash it we need video
Come ooooon Charbax...grab a hors d'oeuvres tray, attach your lapel spy cam and get in the game fer gawds sakes!! You can do it...or are ya not up for a challenge!!
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #11
Charbax
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
Come ooooon Charbax...grab a hors d'oeuvres tray, attach your lapel spy cam and get in the game fer gawds sakes!! You can do it...or are ya not up for a challenge!!
It's more a money thing, I can't afford to go to London to hear the Qualcomm CEO say that the iPad killed the smartbook or something like that which is bollocks if I am not even invited.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #12
Charbax
Addict

Quote:
He (...) refuses to directly answer the first question about the e-ink technology: Pearl or not Pearl?
As far as I remember he clearly answered PocketBook uses the best e-ink technology which is available to them.

It cannot be their fault if Amazon and Sony have bought exclusive access to early Pearl screens for a 3 months or so exclusive period.

He then says one should compare previous e-ink to Pearl before pre-judging it to be a deal-breaker.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:23 AM   #13
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbax View Post
It's more a money thing, I can't afford to go to London to hear the Qualcomm CEO say that the iPad killed the smartbook or something like that which is bollocks if I am not even invited.
D'oh!! Now that would be irony for sure...an announcement to say there was no announcement. But maybe the crab cakes would be tasty?

BTW, I did not realize you would need to travel to London for the "unveiling"...naw, not worth it. And yeah, heck with them for not even inviting you!!

BTW, I know what you mean about costs for even travel these days...it's not like it's free. Heck, I have even taken to using my Amazon Prime account to buy food staples via Amazon rather than make the rounds of our grocery stores every week or two. Now I just need to walk to my neighborhood grocery every few days for everything else.

So, take some time and go put your feet up and have a good read for a weekend instead!! Or better yet, trudge off to India and where ever Notion Ink has finally landed and light a fire under them for our Adam!! dang it...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:25 AM   #14
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
Quote:
He pathetically (and angrily) refuses to directly answer the first question about the e-ink technology: Pearl or not Pearl? But he swears that you could not tell the difference! Without proving it, of course.
He must have graduated from the Vladimir Putin Conversation School.
I don't like it neither that they don't clearly communicate on the screen. Though I didn't thought he answered angrily, nor pathetically, he just knows saying they don't have Pearl screens will make them loose (maybe only a few) customers, but it would be more honest (which I personally would prefer).

Eventually someone will do what he says and compare Pocketbook's products with Kindle's, Sony's etc. I'm beginning to wonder about those Pearl screens though...Only element of comparing we have is Kindle 2/DX vs Kindle 3/DXG, the later looking considerably better, but then there's another a thread in the Kindle forum where you it seems Kindle 2i and Kindle 2 don't have the same contrast, when they're supposed to have the same screen. I thought all the screen of the same generation would have the same quality / contrast, but it doesn't seem that simple. Plus it's unclear to me how the better contrast is achieved...Is it on the software side, hardware side, etc.

Sadly it will be hard or impossible for me (here in France), as for most people in fact, to be able to compare a Kindle 3, Sony 650 and Pocketbook 603 side by side. So they can say "well just compare the devices", knowing can't....Or maybe the Pearl screens are not that much better ?
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #15
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Quote:
Putin always looks and sounds like a psychotic child to me.
Well, the country he was president and is now prime minister is free of liabilities. Unlike most other countries in the world. And after being out of office for a term he could stand for presidency again. And if he did he most likely would to be re-elected.

We[1] in the West might not like him. But that does not matter. All that matters is if he did good for his country. And he did.

Martin

[1] Of course we only belive what the western media tells us to believe.
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocketbook