Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-18-2018, 05:54 AM   #31
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
I agreed with that (the streching of the nbsp, i even post 2 links stating this).
Sorry, lost track of where we were up in the thread.
Quote:
My second screenshot only shows that where one's could think the space wrongly stretch in kepub, it's normal since they are normal spaces where it's should not.

And in the screenshot above (the third and fourth) I use a narrow-non-breaking-space and it stretches too. So there is no solution for that regarding kepub.

(I edit my post when you were writing your answer, could you recheck ?)
It's hard to see the difference in the the last photo. I'm also surprised the desktop application has gotten it right. My understanding is that it shares a lot of code with the firmware, and I would have expected the rendering engine to be one of them. Maybe the problem is in the underlying widget used to display the page.

And no, it doesn't look like there is a solution until someone convinces Kobo to fix it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:00 AM   #32
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
yup, adding a nnbsp just after the dash should made it at least for human eyes. This morning the difference was obvious to me but now I can't see it anymore (and i lost my "screenshot mod" with a firmware update). It's really the only place a fixed width space is needed anyway (it doesn't have to be a non-breaking since it's always at the begining of the line).
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 02:42 AM   #33
Gorcsev
Enthusiast
Gorcsev began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
yup, adding a nnbsp just after the dash should made it at least for human eyes. This morning the difference was obvious to me but now I can't see it anymore (and i lost my "screenshot mod" with a firmware update). It's really the only place a fixed width space is needed anyway (it doesn't have to be a non-breaking since it's always at the beginning of the line).
I am playing with all the spaces what could be used after line starting dialogue dash.

It means not only the "normal" non-breaking space but the by definition fixed-width spaces "en-space", "em-space" as well.

Unfortunately, all of them are still stretched = no rendering error correction in the newest firmware.
Gorcsev is offline   Reply With Quote