Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 07-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #1
queens_own
queens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to behold

Device: Pixelar mreader
My Pixelar ereader

Hi All,
I have the S6-5w ereader and I am only just getting to grips with it, it being my first ereader although it is a replacement for one I was given at xmas, that one was very eratic, in trying to get a font that I could read I found that I was scrolling across the page for every line, then after playing with it I got a font that was usable, then the bookmarks started to play up...at no time did a bookmark ever give me any info of page No ect, then it started to take me to a page that was several pages in front or behind the bookmark, then it finaly froze, sent it back and received a replacement which does seem to be working ok in all the departments mentioned above.
However I now have 14 bookmarks...how do I delete the old ones, (not in the manual) and when connected to either the pc or the mains how long does the battery take to charge and does anything show you that it is charged? (again not in the manual).
I am using Mobi as the format which can be changed in Calibre, is this the ideal format? is there a format that is right for this ereader?
Ken
queens_own is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
I am pretty certain that is not a Hanlin model. You might want to find a more appropriate section for your question.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Are you sure, Stormchild? At least they link to the Hanlin firmware on their website.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:27 AM   #4
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They link to the Hanlin V3 firmware. That is the model they sold previously. I might be wrong but I see no connection between the S6-5w and Hanlin.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #5
queens_own
queens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to beholdqueens_own is a marvel to behold

Hi Guys,
Maybe I should have added the make of the mreader which is Pixelar, does that make a difference to where I look?
Ken
Advert
Old 07-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #6
Stormchild
Evangelist

No. Pixelar only re-brand their products. Their early models were manufactured by Hanlin but I am positive this one is not. Can you not contact Pixelar? It sounds like a perfectly reasonable Support question.

There is a thread here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=182671 about the same model and it is in the general section. A more likely place for you to get an answer.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #7
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I took a look at a firmware upgrade from the Pixelar site and this is no Hanlin reader, which always used software from Jinke. The hardware pictures don't look like anything I've seen before, either. Sorry, without taking it apart, I can't help

I don't guarentee to put it back together, though...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #8
queens_own

Hi,
It seems that this is the place for my Pixelar ereader see below...
Ken
HanLin eBook
OEM manufacturer of E ink and SiPix devices. Branded Hanlin readers include Walkbook, lBook eReader, Apollo, Papyre, Pixelar E-Reader, Koobe, ECO Reader
Old 07-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #9
Stormchild
Evangelist

I have already told you. The earlier Pixelar were Hanlins. This one, the one you have, is not. Still don't listen to me, you carry on. I await the response from other owners of this machine.

ps. Have you tried contacting Pixelar?
Old 07-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Does it look like this?
http://www.chinitech.com/en/2010/pmp...nologie-e-ink/

http://factory.dhgate.com/learning-m...p36992202.html

Hanvon is not Hanlins.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #11
queens_own

Hi DaleDe,
Yes it is the same as the first link, sold and advertised by Pixelar who...doesn't appear to have a section on this forum! although they also sold Hanlins, perhaps you could suggest one, its alright keep saying this isn't the right place to visit but how about a helping hand in telling me where I should be.
Ken
Old 07-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #12
Stormchild
Evangelist

I did and you posted there.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=216

I still reckon your best bet is to contact Pixelar.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:12 AM   #13
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by queens_own View Post
Hi DaleDe,
Yes it is the same as the first link, sold and advertised by Pixelar who...doesn't appear to have a section on this forum! although they also sold Hanlins, perhaps you could suggest one, its alright keep saying this isn't the right place to visit but how about a helping hand in telling me where I should be.
Ken
Actually I believe both links point to the same hardware device which is made by Hanvon. The labels are different but I think if you look close you will see they are both the same.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote