Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-17-2018, 01:15 AM   #1486
Cootey
Zealot
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE LE, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@Cootey: The question that PeterT asks is important as each time you connect, calibre will do the collection management. Also, are the books that are disappearing from collections purchased kepubs or sideloaded books?
Both excellent questions. I don't have an answer for you. I'll look into it. Where would I find collection management settings in Calibre just in case I've accidentally turned something on? As for your second question, these are purchased or borrowed kepubs. I wasn't surprised that sideloaded books needed to be reorganized. (But I'm always pleasantly surprised that they survive a reset.)
I only have one sideloaded ebook on my iPad that differs with the dozen or so on my KA1 LE. They aren't the issue. It's definitely a cloud sync issue—unless I've configured Calibre to do something I didn't intend. With your help, we can rule it out. Thanks for both of your replies.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2018, 03:37 AM   #1487
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
Both excellent questions. I don't have an answer for you. I'll look into it. Where would I find collection management settings in Calibre just in case I've accidentally turned something on?
Look up one post. I answered this while you were writing this post.
[/QUOTE] As for your second question, these are purchased or borrowed kepubs. I wasn't surprised that sideloaded books needed to be reorganized. (But I'm always pleasantly surprised that they survive a reset.)
I only have one sideloaded ebook on my iPad that differs with the dozen or so on my KA1 LE. They aren't the issue. It's definitely a cloud sync issue—unless I've configured Calibre to do something I didn't intend. With your help, we can rule it out. Thanks for both of your replies.[/QUOTE]

No matter what the settings are, the collection management that calibre does should only affect books that are on the device that match with books in the library. If it isn't doing anything, then it is going to be some interaction across Kobo's servers. Are the clocks set correctly on both devices? The syncing uses timestamps, so if the clocks are wrong, the device with the latest time will probably win.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:52 AM   #1488
sweth
sweth began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 2nd Gen
Out of curiosity, is there some reason that this plugin can't be disabled? I'm trying to track down a probably-unrelated issue with my calibre setup, and wanted to temporarily disable this plugin to make sure it wasn't involved, but instead had to delete it and then reinstall it later.
sweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:52 PM   #1489
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweth View Post
Out of curiosity, is there some reason that this plugin can't be disabled? I'm trying to track down a probably-unrelated issue with my calibre setup, and wanted to temporarily disable this plugin to make sure it wasn't involved, but instead had to delete it and then reinstall it later.
It's not just this plugin, the User Interface plugin cannot be disabled. I've never looked into why. The only thing you can do is uninstall them.
Old Today, 01:33 PM   #1490
sweth
sweth began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It's not just this plugin, the User Interface plugin cannot be disabled. I've never looked into why. The only thing you can do is uninstall them.
It looks like the issue is that the InterfaceActionBase class that the plugin is inheriting from sets can_be_disabled to False as the default:

Code:
class InterfaceActionBase(Plugin):  # {{{

supported_platforms = ['windows', 'osx', 'linux']
    author         = 'Kovid Goyal'
    type = _('User interface action')
    can_be_disabled = False
Not sure why it has that as the default for UI plugins, when the API docs seem to warn against setting that to False, but allowing it to be disabled *should* be as simple as setting can_be_disabled back to True in __init__.py
sweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:29 PM   #1491
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweth View Post
It looks like the issue is that the InterfaceActionBase class that the plugin is inheriting from sets can_be_disabled to False as the default:

Code:
class InterfaceActionBase(Plugin):  # {{{

supported_platforms = ['windows', 'osx', 'linux']
    author         = 'Kovid Goyal'
    type = _('User interface action')
    can_be_disabled = False
Not sure why it has that as the default for UI plugins, when the API docs seem to warn against setting that to False, but allowing it to be disabled *should* be as simple as setting can_be_disabled back to True in __init__.py
I'll have a look, but I have a feeling I've seen a reason for them not allowing them to be disabled.

But, rather than randomly disabling plugins, it might be better to start a thread to discuss the problem you are having and see if anyone has ideas. Most of the user interface plugins will only do something when you interact with them. This one is a little different as it has hooks to do something when a device is plugged in or removed. But, that is about the only thing that disabling the plugin would affect.

Tags
kobo